Best Way To Transport Ccs Laid Out In Design On Board?

Baking By Renaejrk

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 4:31am
post #1 of 1

I tried searching on google but couldn't find anything. I don't have any coming up so figuring this out isn't a rush or anything, but I'm trying to plan ahead icon_smile.gif

I recently made cupcakes for a friend's daughter's birthday and she just wanted me to put them on a board in the shape of a 3 - no biggee - she didn't want me to spend much time on them - she was going to do them but I offered and she knew mine were better icon_smile.gif! All I had was a full sheet board and box - not really a bunch of extra supplies, so I just used those glue dots to stick the cuppies down. BIG MISTAKE - "daddy" tipped the box over in the car and all the cupcakes fell over - it was a big mess! I hadn't even used 2 dozen to make the "3", and I had another 2 dozen plus in another box (another flavor) so I was able to clean it up and put the others on the board and it looked like nothing ever happened - dad felt horrible though - I felt sorry for him - but it all worked out.

My question is really what are some good ways to do this? Use foamcore and toothpicks? Is that what most of you guys do? My SIL always wants cupcakes for my nephews bday instead of an elaborate cake, and I have found it difficult to transport them without being messy. I don't use a BC that crusts, so when you go to pick them up if they are in a "tight" box you get icing on your hands - just doesn't look nice you know?

I know some of you do bouquets which sounds neat, and also use stands? Do you put them on stands before or after you are at the "venue"?

sorry so long!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%