Support System For Pick Up Truck Cake?!?!?!

Decorating By weidertm24 Updated 9 Apr 2010 , 3:43am by Doug

weidertm24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weidertm24 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 3:56am
post #1 of 5

I would like to have a support system where you can't see anything under the truck and it looks like its just standing on its tires. Not sure how to go about this, was thinking dowels through the tires and then a platform connected that for underneath the rest of the truck. Just don't know if theres any other ways or what anyone else have done for a support system.

Thanks for the help in advance.

4 replies
deah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deah Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 6:09pm
post #2 of 5

I recently did a car and used a small board in the center of the car and placed the car cake board on the wood. The board was maybe 3" wide and about 3" short of the entire cake length, covered the same and the base cake board.

Make sense?

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 6:23pm
post #3 of 5

I've used 1/4 inch square dowels as axles, then a little block below (to lift up the axle) and then the truck base board on top. The little blocks are hidden behind the wheels, although I painted them black so they wouldn't be very visible but if you did look under, you'd see axles and then a board

astone83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
astone83 Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 2:33am
post #4 of 5

I realize this is really old, but I am doing an eighteen wheeler for an anniversary cake for a couple. My thought is to roll out and cut gum past to the shape of the trailer and sleeper cabin tractor let it harden then use modeling chocolate or more gumpaste for the tires under the gunpast sheet. The cake will be a full sheet in length.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 3:43am
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%