Covering Waffle Cones In Colored Sugar

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 3:26am by cakesrock

cakesrock Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 3:04am
post #1 of 5

I am making a castle cake and am covering the turrets (waffles cones) in pink colored sugar. I tried painting it with corn syrup, then shaking the sugar on,and rolling it but it's not working that well. The color of the cones (brown) is still showing through and I did it 2X icon_sad.gif It works well when I make cookies, but this does not seem to be working for this project!
Any other suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks!

4 replies
JaimeAnn Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 4:56am
post #2 of 5

You could cover the cones in melted white chocolate or candy melts or Royal icing or Glace. Then shake the sugar on before it drys.

poohsmomma Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 5

I covered the cones in melted white chocolate, and then I rolled the cones in a bowl of the colored sugar. That's the only way I could actually get it to stick. If I just sprinkled, they rolled right off.

Tracy7953 Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 3:58am
post #4 of 5

I would try icing the cones in colored buttercream or colored royal icing and rolling in the sugar. I have a castle to make this weekend - let me know if that works!!!

cakesrock Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:26am
post #5 of 5

Tried RI and didn't like the look. I'm going to try pink Wilton candy melts. Am going away this weekend, so won't have time until next week!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%