Chocolate/dark Roll Out Cookie Recipe Help

Baking By sugarinspired Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 4:34pm by mandymakescakes

sugarinspired Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 11:20pm
post #1 of 12

i see a lot of chocolate and dark chocolate roll out sugar cookie recipe but i cant remember which one i used but it was too soft and it spread a lot anyone have a chocolate and dark chocolate roll out recipe to recommend that could hold using ri and glace icing? thank you

11 replies
bonniebakes Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 12

I use the one on the kitchengifts website (where the NFSC recipe is also).

Lita829 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 12:11am
post #3 of 12

I use a variation of this one....

I tweeked mine a little but this is the base recipe. The cookies hold their shape well and take the RI without any problems.

Sara789 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 10:10pm
post #4 of 12

I just made the Dark Chocolate Rolled Sugar Cookie recipe ( this weekend. I made some adjustments (see and they came out great! I love this recipe and will use it agin. I didn't have any trouble with spreading. It kept its shape and was very flat and easy to decorate. Hope this helps.

frankdiabetes Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 10:16pm
post #5 of 12

I always use this recipe from Smitten Kitchen and it bakes up beautifully, no spreading, nice and soft if you don't overbake them:

drakegore Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 6:50pm
post #6 of 12

i use the one right here on cc

i love it. i use it exactly as written except for the times i add coconut extract (then add almond icing).

the dough is a dream to work with and it holds it's shape and, best of all, it tastes great.

KHalstead Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 7:34pm
post #7 of 12

this is my fav. recipe...they taste like yummy decadent brownies and they don't spread. Here is a pic of some cookies I made using this recipe, I used the same cutter for the candy clay on top of the cookies (so you can see exactly how much the cookies spread) HTH

sugarinspired Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 5:23am
post #8 of 12

wow thanks i will def try it.. does it harden up enough to be stacked im afraid of it breaking. Does these recipe hold up pretty well?

LeckieAnne Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 5:32am
post #9 of 12

Just a note - after I cut them and put them on the pan - I pop my cut out cookies into the freezer for a few minutes before I put them in the oven - helps them hold their shape while baking.

RubiPumps Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 1:53pm
post #10 of 12

Hi - I just started cookies and am by no means professional but I've found this site to be VERY helpful:

I've asked her questions before and she is extremely helpful. I follow all of her tips for cookies and this recipe is fabulous!

This is the recipe I use - Reduce flour by 1/2 cup and add 1/2 cup DARK chocolate cocoa powder. YUM!

Zamode Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:08pm
post #11 of 12

I agree, the pumkinwaffles recipe is great! Easy to make, no spreading, they taste great and it can easily be halved if needed.

mandymakescakes Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:34pm
post #12 of 12

The Flour Pot Christmas Cookie Book has a good chocolate cookie recipe, and it doesn't spread, at all. Its texture reminds me of the center of a Thin Mint. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%