Strawberry Cake Recipe. . Please Help!

Baking By forheavenscake Updated 16 Mar 2010 , 1:48am by amberkw

forheavenscake Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 11:13pm
post #1 of 7

I am looking for an excellent Strawberry Cake Recipe that someone can recommend. I made Paula Dean's version a couple weeks ago and it was ok, but not spectacular, plus she uses cake mix and I tend to prefer to make mine from scratch.

Anyway, if anyone has a recipe that will WOW people I would really love it if you would share!

Thanks so much!
Steph

6 replies
poohsmomma Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 12:03am
post #3 of 7

I have one that starts with a mix, but it has coconut and pecans in it. It's really rich and delicious. If you like coconut and pecans, PM me and I'll send it.

It also has a frosting with strawberries, pecans and coconut. Almost like the icing on a German Chocolate cake, but strawberry. Yummy, but then I love coconut!

icer101 Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 12:25am
post #4 of 7

check out .. confections of a foodie bride blog.. has a delicious looking scratch strawberry cake. told another c/c about it. she made it. husband too to work. she said they whoofed it up... hth

iris219 Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 1:25am
post #5 of 7

I made this one last night and it's great. My daughter tells that you can really taste the strawberries. I only made a small 6" cake and she has already eaten 1/2 of it.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/1789/strawberry-cake-from-scratch

cakelace Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 1:42am
post #6 of 7

I like to add purreed strawberries to my already fantastic pound cake or vanilla cake. Just be sure to add a bit more baking powder. You can reduce the amount of milk too. I looked for a strawberry recipe and played around with a few. I also like adding a couple tablespoons of strawberry geletin to the batter.

amberkw Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 1:48am
post #7 of 7

I use the recipe from the gourmet flavors thread. I think It was a post by macsmom? ITs DELICIOUS and everyone LOvEs it. It does start w/ 2 white cake mixes, but I consider it scratch because there are so many ingredients. I mean delish.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%