$39????? Magic Line Pan Set

Decorating By bridge72 Updated 25 Mar 2010 , 1:13pm by DefyGravity

bridge72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridge72 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 10:43pm
post #1 of 24

I bought a 5 piece round set of Magic Line pans yesterday on Amazon for $39 dollars, with free shipping and no tax! I am to excited, can't wait till their arrival! I think I got a good deal or did I????

23 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 24

Sounds like a great deal. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my ML pans!

bridge72 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 10:50pm
post #3 of 24

Glad to hear I may have scored a deal icon_biggrin.gif These will be my first set of ML and I hear so many on here rave about them, so Woohoo for me! Hopefully I will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them too, lol!

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 24

THAT IS A GREAT DEAL, I WOULD LOVE TO GET SOME.

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 10:57pm
post #5 of 24

Love mine too! icon_wink.gif

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 11:16pm
post #6 of 24

icon_eek.gif That's awesome. I have a set of magic line squares. What sizes did you get?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 11:19pm
post #7 of 24

Wow, that was a great buy. thumbs_up.gif

Was that Amazon's daily deal yesterday? Guess it does pay to check your email on a regular basis. icon_lol.gif

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 11:33pm
post #8 of 24

It's still available- but wont ship for 2-4 weeks. I'm tempted to buy another set, but I already have a ton!!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E1V19I/?tag=cakecentral-20

bridge72 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 11:38pm
post #9 of 24

Nope not the daily deal of the day, I got 6,8,10,12, and 14 and they also have a buy 4 for 3 special on some of their bakeware. I think I may have bought the last set they had in stock but it says more will be ordered.

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 12:15am
post #10 of 24

what's so good? I dunno about magic line??? lemme google it... tell me more.....

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 12:52am
post #11 of 24

Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered mine! icon_wink.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 1:17am
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalis4joe

what's so good? I dunno about magic line??? lemme google it... tell me more.....

heavier pan = better quality
straight lines and sharp corners w/o trimming
evenly baked cakes

bridge72 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 2:55pm
post #13 of 24

You're welcome DefyGravity! Anything for my fellow cakers lol!

Rusti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rusti Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 9:41pm
post #14 of 24

Global Sugar art currently has a big pan sale, a 5 pc round ML set is $30.95, course you will have to pay shipping. I believe it's all pans on sale. icon_rolleyes.gif

DefyGravity Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 1:09pm
post #15 of 24

I got the email this morning that they shipped mine already! The other email I got said I might not get it until the end of next month, but I'm excited its already on its way!

ckckhome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckckhome Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 1:32pm
post #16 of 24

great deal thanks for the info. I will purchase a set.

Auntie_RaRa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auntie_RaRa Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 1:45pm
post #17 of 24

I LOVE LOVE my ML pans as well. Love them so much I have 2 full sets (6" to 16" rounds), 2 partial sets rounds (6" to 10") and 2 sets of squares (6" to 14)! Just wish they had hexagon!!!!

bridge72 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 2:35pm
post #18 of 24

Yay! Pans came in the mail yesterday, can't wait to try them out this weekend to see exactly why everyone raves about them.

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 2:44pm
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridge72

Yay! Pans came in the mail yesterday, can't wait to try them out this weekend to see exactly why everyone raves about them.

Let me know how they are please. I was going to purchase them until I saw this review.

"These pans are of good quality. I wish the description stated they were only
one inch deep. I just assumed they were of normal baking depth. I am thinking if I want to spend the money to ship them back because they are a bit heavy.
They would have been perfect if two inches deep."

DefyGravity Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 2:52pm
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisskween

Quote:

Let me know how they are please. I was going to purchase them until I saw this review.

one inch deep. I just assumed they were of normal baking depth. I am thinking if I want to spend the money to ship them back because they are a bit heavy.

That's really weird, because the product description says they are 2in deep. I wonder if they are used to using 3 inches and were expecting that. A 1" pan would basically be a jelly roll pan, and I doubt Magic Line would put out something useless like that.

bridge72 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 2:52pm
post #21 of 24

Hi Eisskween,
The bottoms of my pans state that they are 6x2, 8x2 and so on.....but I will let you know what I think of them.

mandymakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandymakescakes Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:27pm
post #22 of 24
Quote:

Beware of online reviews, take them with a grain of salt and if there are enough, always average them together. I buy 70-80% of my larger purchases via Amazon every year because it is so much cheaper, especially with Prime (get it if you don't have it) and I'd say that I completely disagree with 90% of the negative reviews I see. I find that a lot of reviewers are either afraid of change "It doesn't work like my so-and-so brand did" or have no idea how to use what they've purchased correctly, and are unwilling to read the directions. I'd trust the reviews related to baking products you find here on CC over anywhere else. I'd agree that this reviewer is probably used to 3" pans like DefyGravity said and hasn't pulled out a ruler to check.

sgraff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgraff Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 5:16pm
post #23 of 24
Quote:

Quote:

That review is for a different set of pans than the one the OP is referring to.

DefyGravity Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 1:13pm
post #24 of 24

THEY CAME! I've only ever used Wilton pans before and I couldn't believe how much heavier the ML ones are!!

Too bad I'm doing square tiers this weekend, because I really want to use them now icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%