Cricut Blade Question

Decorating By Andrea_Mamie Updated 14 Mar 2010 , 10:12pm by MnSnow

Andrea_Mamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andrea_Mamie Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 5

We've been trying and trying to get this right. Now it seems we've gotten to the point that one side of the shape being cut will be smooth and look nice, but the other is all messed up. Looking at the blade, it seems only one side is sharp. does this seem right? We have the blue deep housing blade in and our gumpaste is super thin. What could possibly be wrong now?

Is there anyone in the southeastern Wisconsin area that would be willing to show me?? Ill travel! Im desperate!! LOL

4 replies
Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 9:39pm
post #2 of 5

Did you let the gumpaste dry a little before trying it or did you just roll it and put it through? Maybe letting it set up for a few minutes would help? Just a thought.

Andrea_Mamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andrea_Mamie Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 9:42pm
post #3 of 5

Yeah we let it dry for approximtely 10 minutes which weve seen other people post as a tip.

Like I said, one side was really clean and smooth, the other looked all scraggly and like the blade was being dragged through. Its almost like comparing it to using a Exacto knife backwards. It works when it goes one way, but when going backwards, its just pulling the gumpaste

TobiasWilhelm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TobiasWilhelm Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 5

Can you send a pic? I'll try to diagnose via email first - save you the trip to Louisiana ... party.gif

Have you checked the blade for minor clogging?

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 10:12pm
post #5 of 5

sounds like by the time it gets through the first part of cutting, your getting some build up and causing the dragging and tearing

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%