My First Wedding Show !

Business By sugarsugargal Updated 15 Mar 2010 , 8:16am by sugarsugargal

sugarsugargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugargal Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 6

I was wondering how you lovely ladies serve/present cake samples at a wedding show-i cant quite figure out the cleanest and easiest way to do it -any tips for a novice ?!!?!?
thanks in advance
x

5 replies
tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 6

Congrats on your first show! I just did my first show a couple months back. It was a TON of work, but it really has been worth it business wise. For my samples, I used 2 oz. souffle cups with lids. I iced and cut the cakes into cubes small enough to fit in the cups. Getting them into the cups and lidding them is not as quick and easy as it may seem. It took me a few hours to do all the samples I had for the show, but I had a lot of positive feedback from customers saying they much preferred my way of doing samples versus just cake sitting out for anyone to stick their fingers in, plus it keeps your samples fresh and moist. Good luck on your show!

QueenOfSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenOfSweets Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 11:37pm
post #3 of 6

I use 2 oz. souffle cups with lids as well, but for samples I baked mini cupcakes. I put a cupcake in the cup, then piped a dollop of icing, then put the lid on. It saved the hassle of cutting cake up and these were really great "finger-food" samples. People seemed to really enjoy them.

cupandcake81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupandcake81 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 12:01am
post #4 of 6

Good luck! let us know how things go for you! I would agree doing something so the cake is covered so it can stay fresh.

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 12:20am
post #5 of 6

Exactly how I did mine. Cube the cake and swirl icing on top placing in the souffle cup with lid. I presented mine on a silver cake tower. Made for a nice looking presentation and when they start to disappear just replace with new samples. Good luck!!

sugarsugargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugargal Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 8:16am
post #6 of 6

Thanks all, i have a good idea of what to do now ! x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%