For Those Of You Who Have Facebook Fan Pages....

Lounge By cakemaker30 Updated 16 Mar 2010 , 2:26pm by cakemaker30

cakemaker30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemaker30 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 10

I am trying to set up a Facebook fan page and now it just shows my personal information. I don't want to show my personal info, just my business and Facebook is not very helpful. Does anyone have any help they can give me on how I can set up fan page instead of personal profile?

9 replies
curiegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiegas Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 10

I only have a personal facebook page so I hope it is the same. If you go to the account tab, you will see privacy settings. You should be able to change the settings there.

Hth,
Cecilia

keystone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keystone Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 10

If you do a search in the forums you will find lots of posts regarding this. Good luck.

Linda

cakemaker30 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 10

I tried to search it in the forums before I posted my question, but I only found like 3 forums and none of them were really what I was looking for. Maybe I did it wrong. I'll try again I guess.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 7:29pm
post #5 of 10

Go to my business page (the link is in my signature, but it could be any business page) and at the bottom on the left of the page is a link that says "create a page for my business." That's the most direct way to do it!

cakemaker30 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 10

Yeah I clicked on the link of Facebook that says to create a page for a business or product, but then it asked me for all my personal information and when I clicked to publish it, it looked like a normal personal facebook page. I don't get what I'm doing wrong. I thought someone else might have encountered it because Facebook help just says that personal information can't be removed.

SunshineSally Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SunshineSally Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 7:51pm
post #7 of 10

I THINK, you have to get a minimum # of fans before it changes to a fan page. I can't remember exactly where I read that info though.

sweetcakesbyjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesbyjen Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 8:12pm
post #8 of 10

I just did this yesterday! When you go to the FB homepage where you sign in, look for the link that says "Create a Page for a celebrity, band or business." It's right below where newcomers would sign up. Click that link and it's a really short process from there. Now where I had problems was when I created my Fan page, I couldn't find it afterwards! So, I ended up creating three of the same fan pages before I finally found that once you are signed into your personal account, on the left hand side column, it says Ads and Pages- click there and it will take you to your Fan Page. HTH!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 8:20pm
post #9 of 10

When you get to 25 fans you can get a vanity page name, so it removes the code from the end of the address and puts whatever neam you want there instead (go to facebook.com/username to do that once you get to 25 fans)

cakemaker30 Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 2:26pm
post #10 of 10

Thank you all for your help. I knew the people on Cake Central could help me more than Facebookicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%