Deleted Post

Decorating By meredith1851 Updated 14 Mar 2010 , 6:31pm by Smashme

meredith1851 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 5:55pm
post #1 of 5

Deleted post

4 replies
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 5

That looks like a flooded glace icing -- Sugarshack shows that technique in her latest DVD on sheet cakes.

aundrea Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:13pm
post #3 of 5

what is glace icing? how is that different from royal icing- or is this a difference?

bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:20pm
post #4 of 5

It's different than royal icing -- there are several recipes around for it. I'm not particularly a fan of it for a lot of reasons, but if you look in the cookie forum it's very popular. It dries firm but not rock solid like royal.

Smashme Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:31pm
post #5 of 5

it almost looks like they filled the pan with chocolate and then flipped it out onto the pan. maybe only fill the pan 1/4 inch with chocolate. that would be my guess.

Quote by @%username% on %date%