American Cancer Society Cake Idea

Decorating By esq1031 Updated 14 Mar 2010 , 7:15pm by esq1031

esq1031 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 5:30pm
post #1 of 3

My sister's boyfriend is having a fund raiser for the American Cancer Society the end of April. He lost both his parents to cancer and originally I thought I was doing a cake with edible images, but he has changed his mind. He doesn't want the benefit to highlight or focus on his parents. So now I am stumped as to what to do. He wants a sheet cake and is leaving the details up to me. I have no ideas and was hoping for some brainstorming from all the cakecentral experts.

Thanks in advance for any ideas,
Jackie

2 replies
auntbeesbaking Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:00pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESQ1031

My sister's boyfriend is having a fund raiser for the American Cancer Society the end of April. He lost both his parents to cancer and originally I thought I was doing a cake with edible images, but he has changed his mind. He doesn't want the benefit to highlight or focus on his parents. So now I am stumped as to what to do. He wants a sheet cake and is leaving the details up to me. I have no ideas and was hoping for some brainstorming from all the cakecentral experts.

Thanks in advance for any ideas,
Jackie

Hi Jackie,
I went to www.americancancersociety.org and looked at their gift shop. I really like their Hope Selections. They have a heart that intertwines the ribbon - check it out. Maybe the cake could have "Saving Lives, Giving Hope" as the theme?? Good Luck!

esq1031 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 7:15pm
post #3 of 3

auntbeesbaking,
Thank you so much for the idea. I really like it and it's definitely a starting place. I appreciate your help.

Jackie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%