Individual Packaging...

Baking By elliebuff Updated 22 Mar 2010 , 1:43am by elliebuff

elliebuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliebuff Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 15

I have done some searching and see that some people use the plastic individual cupcake containers to package finished cupcakes, but does anyone know of an easy, economical individual box or container for regular sized cupcakes? I want to send some as a take-home treat for kids in my son's playgroup, but I don't want to purchase plastic containers for it.

I have a Micheal's and Hobby Lobby close by and will probably check Micheal's today. All I remember seeing there, though, is the four-pack boxes for cupcakes that Wilton makes.

Thanks in advance!!

14 replies
makeovermomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makeovermomma Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 15

I read on a post about someone using the 16 oz clear plastic cups from sams & the matching flat lid. They'd just turn it upside down & place the cupcake on the lid.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 11:58pm
post #3 of 15

I've seen "brownie boxes" at Michaels... haven' tried them, but that might work if the cookie is the right size for the box.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 12:28am
post #4 of 15

Michael's also has boxes that come in packs of 5 that are 4X4X5". I think they cost around $2.99. If you don't have any inserts to keep the cuppies from rolling around, you could use tissue (gift paper) to hold the cuppie in place. I sometimes do this if I don't have time to order from brpboxshop or Plastic Container City.

HTH

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 12:42am
post #5 of 15

I ordered a case of cupcake inserts to fit the 14x19 boxes at Michaels and they are lasting me forever and they come in SO handy...I put the cupcakes in there and decorate them right in the box, then close it up.

makeovermomma Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 1:12am
post #6 of 15

where did you the 14x9 boxes? Wilton brand or in their box/wraps & tissue paper isle? &&&&&.... where did you find the cupcake inserts?

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 1:13am
post #7 of 15
Lyns082608 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyns082608 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 1:22am
post #8 of 15

country kitchen also has some cupcake packaging. I'm not sure if they have what you are looking for but its worth a look!

makeovermomma Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 2:32am
post #9 of 15

I ordered samples fro brp & received them last week, but I wasn't too crazy about the box construction. They reminded me of the cake boxes from Wilton, I felt like I needed to reinforce the folds/tabs with tape.

elliebuff Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 5:42pm
post #10 of 15

Thanks, everyone! I have wanted to use the plastic cups, but can't find the right size WITH a lid anywhere. Walmart, Target, etc...no dice. Sam's is a hike and not in the cards for me right now.

Lita, I'm going to try your method since I need the individual packaging. Any advice about how people get the cupcake out without destroying it?

Thanks again!!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 6:25pm
post #11 of 15

I would check your local party supply store for the cups with lids!

elliebuff Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 6:38pm
post #12 of 15

Thanks--I didn't try there, so I will swing by on the way home from work!

Great idea!

makeovermomma Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 10:14pm
post #13 of 15

Oriental trading has some very cute & REASONABLE priced individual cupcake boxes. They're $3.99 for a dozen. Just type cupcake in the search box & it'll pull them all up. They have the easter boxes on sale for $2.99 a dozen.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 11:56pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliebuff

Thanks, everyone! I have wanted to use the plastic cups, but can't find the right size WITH a lid anywhere. Walmart, Target, etc...no dice. Sam's is a hike and not in the cards for me right now.

Lita, I'm going to try your method since I need the individual packaging. Any advice about how people get the cupcake out without destroying it?

Thanks again!!!

You're welcome! The paper is only very thin on the bottom of the box then I form a sort of "cup" to hold the cuppie in place. When they take the cuppie out, all they have to do is move the paper aside and lift the cuppie out of the box. The cuppie in the box with the tissue paper looks like a little present thumbs_up.gif

HTH!

elliebuff Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 1:43am
post #15 of 15

BTW--makeovermomma, that was an AWESOME resource for the boxes on Oriental Trading Co!!! I looked them up online and even though I didn't have time for this batch, I am definitely going to get some of those for future use. Especially since you had a good experience with them. Thanks for the tip!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%