Question About Glazes, Royal Icings

Baking By margie0914 Updated 14 Mar 2010 , 9:40pm by GeminiRJ

margie0914 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 5

Can someone help me? I want to make cookies and cover them with a glaze of some type that I can pour over the cookie, then I'm going to decorate details with buttercream. Problem I'm having is that no one in my house likes royal icing. Anyone know of something I could pour over my cookies that tastes great? If so, could you send me the recipe! Thank you SOOOO much!!

4 replies
misabel99 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 5

I belive that you can use the glaze that it's use on the petits four or you can use fondant too.

GeminiRJ Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 5

Have you tried melting buttercream and pouring that over the cookies? I know certain brands will firm up once they cool, and then you could add your BC accents. For a simple glace icing, I use this:

3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
3 tablespoons skim milk (or other type milk, or water)
3 tablespoons corn syrup
1/2 tsp. clear vanilla or almond (optional)
15 drops brite white food color (optional)

In a bowl and with a spoon, mix together the first four ingredients until fully combined. Add the brite white and mix well. Adjust the icing until it is the consistency of white school glue by adding powdered sugar to thicken, or corn syrup to thin. (The brite white seems to help prevent the icing fjrom spotting, and also seems to help food colors "bond" to the icing and bleed less).

TracyLH Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 5

GeminiRJ- Susan, now you have me wanting to make petit fours! Have you ever tried this icing with those by chance?

GeminiRJ Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 9:40pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLH

GeminiRJ- Susan, now you have me wanting to make petit fours! Have you ever tried this icing with those by chance?

Nope. I just remember reading about the procedure in a magazine. I've seen it more than once, so I'm assuming someone out there is having success with it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%