First Post - First Cupcake - First Wasc - First Smbc

Baking By mkulikow Updated 17 Mar 2010 , 8:15pm by juststarted

mkulikow Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 1:30pm
post #1 of 7

Wow, that's a lot of firsts icon_biggrin.gif

This site is unbelievable and has rekindled my interest in baking. I am a 32 year old electrical engineer who's second love has always been cooking. My parents and wife always remind me if I ever lose my job I would be in culinary school in a heartbeat.

Well this weekend I decided to take on as many firsts as I could and I think it went famously. I made Kakeladi's yellow WASC cake using buttercream instead of water and I made the Well Dressed Cake SMBC. I have NEVER tasted an icing like that, even in my area of Vermont we don't have many bakeries and the ones that I have tried serve that nasty gritty; make your temples hurt icing that no one likes.

Our 5 year old was dead set on sprinkles so I also had to cover my first attempt at decorating (this was a try at a rose).

I can't wait to make a cake for absolutely no reason but to eat tomorrow icon_eek.gif

6 replies
stsapph Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 1:56pm
post #2 of 7

Welcome and great firsts all around! The cupcakes look great and SMBC is definitely my favorite icing. Enjoy and I look forward to seeing your next firsts!

TucsonGina Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 2:16pm
post #3 of 7

Looks awesome! I am right with you . . . been baking for years, but never got out of my comfort zone and into decorating . . . a whole new world has been opened since I found this amazing site. I feel like I have a big family I can call on 24/7! I will be doing many "firsts" too icon_biggrin.gif

AKS Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:47am
post #4 of 7

Keep up the good work!

anotherslice Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 3:00am
post #5 of 7

That's great! I've had many firsts since discovering this website as well. Welcome!

raquel1 Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 3:11am
post #6 of 7

Every single time I come on this web site I learn something new. It has been priceless! I'm happy for you that you found this wonderful site, welcome!

juststarted Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 8:15pm
post #7 of 7

wow, your cupcake rose looks great. I wish my first (even third) attempt of cupcake decorating was close to that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%