Another Mmf ?

Decorating By anikahmae Updated 14 Mar 2010 , 4:54pm by AngelFood4

anikahmae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anikahmae Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 12:54pm
post #1 of 3

What am I doing wrong? Using MMF, Rhonds's Ultimate recipe. After rolling out and using daisy cutter, then remove excess. It is when I try to pick it up with spatula it distorts. Tried adding more PS and putting crisco to spatula and cutter. Also how do you get it out of the cutter, when it sticks in there? I am trying to make a cake for my mom's birthday today. Help? icon_cry.gif
Thanks in advance!!!!

2 replies
Trottie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trottie Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 1:02pm
post #2 of 3

MMF is the covering for the cake. To use it as a moulding paste you need to incorporat either some CMC or Gum Trag a tsp in a tennis ball size of fondant, allow to stand for ten minutes covered. You need to grease, spray with oil or have some cornflour on your cutter and board.

Good Luck
Trottie

AngelFood4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelFood4 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 4:54pm
post #3 of 3

Knead in tylose into the MMF like Trottie mentioned, dip the cutter into some cornstarch, dust off excess, cut out the designs, peal off the excess, let the cutout sit for about 5 minutes, untouched, to dry a little bit, then peal it off using a spatula, lay it over a piece of parchment paper to dry (the paper makes it easier to move the pieces around without having to touch them). The more delicate the piece, the longer I let it sit to dry untouched.

You can either dust the surface with cornstarch or shortening to cut out the pieces. If I'm doing letters, finer cutouts, or very thin pieces, I like using shortening since it helps the MMF grip to the surface while cutting it out and it keep its shape better, then let it sit for a couple minutes before trying to move it.

Keep dipping the cutter into cornstarch with each cutout.

Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%