Make A Gazebo With Redwood Trees...

Decorating By tinygoose Updated 15 Mar 2010 , 5:37pm by marknelliesmum

tinygoose Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 7:44am
post #1 of 12

Hi all,
I got a request today to make a cake incorporating a gazebo and large redwood trees for an engagement party. My first thought was..no problem there has got to be a cookie cutter set for a gazebo, but i can't find one. I looked in the gallery but didn't see much in the was of gumpaste gazebos. Here's a pic of the one I'm doing. It's going to travel about 3 hours, for family. I was hoping it there might be a mold or something? Has anyone ever seen one?
Thanks for your help.
LL

11 replies
marknelliesmum Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 8:29am
post #2 of 12

Hey there
I don't know about a gazebo mould but I'd say your best bet for strength and durability would be to make this using gelatine paste as it will dry rock solid and hold up well. I did a gazebo for a night garden kids cake (not in photos coz it was one of my first cakes n it's not good enough to post) and gelatine paste workedreally well.
Hth

tinygoose Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 9:27am
post #3 of 12

What is gelatine paste?

marknelliesmum Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 1:43pm
post #4 of 12

Hiya
Gelatine paste ( possibly called something different where you are) is basically a paste that is made from scratch which has gelatine in it. It can be used for things which stand proud eg aeroplane wings, sail on a boat etc. as it dries very hard. The recipe I have is from a book but if you want it to have a go i'll pm you so we don't infringe copyright by posting on the forum.
HTH thumbs_up.gif

CakeCrystals Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 2:01pm
post #5 of 12

May I be forwarded (PM) the recipe for the geletin paste. I have football field cake to make and this will probably do really well for the goal posts.

Please PM the recipe.

Thanks,
CakeCrystals

marknelliesmum Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 2:34pm
post #6 of 12

Hi
CakeCrystals welcome to CC thumbs_up.gif I've pm'd you the recipe hope it helps.
x

CakeCrystals Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 4:02pm
post #7 of 12

May I ask for the recipe too. Please PM me. I am doing a football field cake and this sound like what I need to make the goal posts.

Please Send.
Thanks,
CakeCrystals

JaeRodriguez Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 4:27pm
post #8 of 12

Is it the same as gumpaste marknelliesmum?

marknelliesmum Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 4:40pm
post #9 of 12

No it dries way harder in a very short space of time. I'd use gumpaste for figures but this for stuff that stands proud and has nothing for support

tinygoose Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 4:40pm
post #10 of 12

Yes, please PM me the recipe. Thank you very much.

sweettoothmom1 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 5:04pm
post #11 of 12

here is a pattern for the gazebo on wiltons website under patterns.
http://www.wilton.com/downloads/patterns/pb1992_15b.16.pdf

marknelliesmum Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 5:37pm
post #12 of 12

Tinygoose
I love your quote at the bottom of your signature.
It totally sums up cake decorating for me icon_rolleyes.gif
x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%