Please Help Me Out - My Mind Is Completely Blank

Decorating By glendaleAZ Updated 16 Mar 2010 , 1:19am by glendaleAZ

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 5:54am
post #1 of 16

I'm in desperate need of some assistance.

Some background
My son and I work for the same company. Two weeks ago, one of his co-worker gave me a call to let me know they were going to through him a wedding shower, and wanted to know if Id like to attend. I told her I would, and if they wanted, Id love to provide the cake for the event.

Well, its two weeks later and my mind is still completely blank, with the exception of the cake topper. My sons wedding invitations have two little stick figures in wedding attire on the cover (see the below picture). I plan on replicating the stick figures out of fondant to be placed on top, but everything after that is blank. I dont even know what type of flowers I should use on the cake if any. Gosh, Ive never been so at a loss as to what I wanted to do with a cake before. I would appreciate any suggestions that you can give me, because right now, if I dont think of something soon, my son is going to get a very dull, white, two tier cake, with only the two lone stick figures on the top of the cake as decoration.

Im saying a quick prayer right now hoping someone will be able to give me some kind of idea that will get my creative juices going.

TIA
Tammy
LL

15 replies
Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:40am
post #2 of 16

You could do a cupcake tower w/ 6 in. cake with the topper on top of that and maybe some black royal icing outlined hearts for the cupcakes with lil colored flower at the base of ea. heart in the cuppies.

Or maybe.....dunno if this link will work: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pyfkxWxufos/RoXd5oMhYcI/AAAAAAAAAA8/HMGvdZ98mHA/s320/Daisy+wedding+cake.jpg
Another link:
http://www.cherryontop.com.au/media/pics/site/imagecache/88687C33728A07B18A59104054A41172.jpg

Or you could do a stack of presents with them on top. icon_smile.gif

HTH's good luck!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:42am
post #3 of 16

You're so brain locked that you locked up mine, too.I had to leave the post for a bit and then come back. LOL

How about a border of grass climbing up the sides of the cake a bit and then incorpating the flowers in the bouquet somewhere?

Something that would keep with the stick figure theme. Hmmm.
Random words that come to mind that may help:
childhood
playground
Spring
sun
young
carefree

Anyone else wanna play the game? LOL

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:46am
post #4 of 16

Ooh! I like the one from cherryontop!

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 7:57am
post #5 of 16

I think the red color on the stick figures would be a nice accent color. Maybe some ribbon roses in fondant, they kind of look like the cartoony bouquet the bride is holding.

akgirl10 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 8:06am
post #6 of 16

I think the red color on the stick figures would be a nice accent color. Maybe some ribbon roses in fondant, they kind of look like the cartoony bouquet the bride is holding.

Bel_Anne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bel_Anne Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 9:26am
post #7 of 16

Why don't you try to make the whole cake look like it's been drawn on by a litttle kid. Seeing that it's a stick figure topper. Just buy a pack of those edible markers (I think they're like $12 for six colours or something), make the cake white and draw little pictures all over it. You could do a love heart on the top tier with their initials in it.. just drawn on a bit messy. I can see a picture in my head and it looks cool, if only I could draw it... haha. You could also add little flowers/leaves/etc on top of the drawings to give it a 2D effect.

Good luck! icon_smile.gif

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 1:26pm
post #8 of 16

i like the ribbon roses idea.... good luck.... i'll pray for God to clear yu head and just present you the ccake design you know your son will love... keep in mind his intrests.... that might give you more ideas....

glendaleAZ Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 5:39pm
post #9 of 16

Thank all so much. At least now Ihave some ideas to work with. If you have any others, please feel free to send them my way. : O )

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:04pm
post #10 of 16

I vote for the one from the cherry on top! How absolutely adorable!!

Chippi Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:21pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

Ooh! I like the one from cherryontop!

for some reason I do not see a post by this person icon_sad.gif love to see what cake they posted. icon_smile.gif

akgirl10 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:24pm
post #12 of 16

Lol, Chippi, it's the second link you posted earlier!

devorie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
devorie Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:28pm
post #13 of 16

I third (or fourth) the cherryontop cake = how adorable!

Chippi Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 11:34pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by akgirl10

Lol, Chippi, it's the second link you posted earlier!

Oh duhhhhhhhh! lolol

The_Lil_Cakehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 12:20am
post #15 of 16

What are his colors?

glendaleAZ Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 1:19am
post #16 of 16

I agree, the cherry on top cake is so cute. Thanks Chippi for posting it for me to look at.

The Lil Cakehouse -- My son's wedding colors are dark gray and red - not very good colors for a cake i'm thinking.

Thanks again everyone for helping me out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%