Nice Wedding Cakes In New York Weddings Magazine

Decorating By Jeff_Arnett Updated 16 Mar 2010 , 1:09am by ayerim979

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 3:20am
post #1 of 12

Nice wedding cakes from the New York area featured in New York Weddings magazine.

http://nymag.com/weddings/slideshow/ww10/cakes/

11 replies
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 3:36am
post #2 of 12

Love it. that digital art cake is WOW! Thanks for sharing.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 3:46am
post #3 of 12

Some pretty amazing cakes - thanks for sharing!

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 4:14am
post #4 of 12

beautiful cakes... and i love seeing the price per serve for most of them

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 4:35am
post #5 of 12

Some of them were stunning and others to me should not have been on a magazine. No offence to anyone but they look not that cute lol !!! IMO

Maybe they are a new style huh ???

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 4:48am
post #6 of 12

Thanks for the link. WOW!! I especially love the ones by Bijoux Doux.

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 5:20am
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayerim979

Some of them were stunning and others to me should not have been on a magazine. No offence to anyone but they look not that cute lol !!! IMO

I agree! it amazes me how someone can get some of the prices they do for a cake that LOOKS like it came from a grocery bakery....it may have tasted wonderful, but on appearance alone, a few of those looked pretty amateurish!

ayerim979 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 6:04am
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Arnett

Quote:

I agree! it amazes me how someone can get some of the prices they do for a cake that LOOKS like it came from a grocery bakery....it may have tasted wonderful, but on appearance alone, a few of those looked pretty amateurish!

I know, I'm just curious if people actually order a cake (that looks like any average joe can make) you know just because it is posted in a magazine.

Sure makes a bakers life alot easier if people would order cakes with that appearance icon_biggrin.gif

Again no offense intended and like Jeff said it is probably a delicious cake but the looks YIKES !!!!!

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 6:27am
post #9 of 12

A few were very nice but honestly, to me, most were not nice at all. I can't believe the $ they get for them I could that good and I'm not a pro. Amazing. But it's a simple case of if you believe it's worth more then some people will believe it too. Not me, in any thing, but lots of people will! I see tons of better cakes on CC. But thank so much for sharing, def eye opening.

Mb20fan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mb20fan Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 4:59pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:

Quote:

$20 a serving??? Wow!

sheena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheena Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 5:27pm
post #11 of 12

Prices are definitely WOW!!!! many cakes were icon_sad.gif but some like the Stacked Oval Indian Sari-Print Cake, digital art cake, art deco cake etc were really interesting. TFS!! icon_smile.gif

ayerim979 Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 1:09am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb20fan

Quote:

Quote:

$20 a serving??? Wow!

Exactly Wow !!! Crazy huh !!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%