Cheese Cake And Fondant? And Cake Topper Price?

Decorating By cakesmade4u Updated 15 Mar 2010 , 4:48am by JaimeAnn

cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 1:14am
post #1 of 6

Thought I would hit 2 birds with one stone : Well anyone ever make a cheese cake and cover in fondant? It don't even sound good to me but never tried it... And pricing for a wedding topper with bride groom boat and island made from gumpaste/fondant or modeling chocolate 8'' base.. TIA

5 replies
cakesmade4u Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 12:55am
post #2 of 6

Anyone on either of the topics?

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 1:38am
post #3 of 6

I have covered a cheesecake with MMF. It worked fine for decoration purposes. But we pulled it off when eating it.

Here is a pic of it
LL
LL

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 1:42am
post #4 of 6

cost of ingredients and utilities + (time it takes you to make x how much you want to make per hour) = price

cakesmade4u Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 2:09am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for answering. JaimeAnn so for the cheese cake did you put a frosting first or just cover with out. I have only covered one with whipped frosting did you put a filling also?

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 4:48am
post #6 of 6

I have done 2 that were both baked NY style cheesecakes, One of them I iced with cream cheese frosting then covered with MMF. The other I made a very stiff cream cheese frosting and piped a dam aroung the top edge filled the center of that with cherry filing put that in the fridge to firm up, then covered the top of the cherries with cream cheese frosting, (I applied it in spiral with the large icing bag tip.) smoothed it out a bit then covered with MMF. I hope that made sense, LOL Thats the one in the pic.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%