What Is The Going Rate Per Serving?

Decorating By mom2my3girlz Updated 14 Mar 2010 , 11:36pm by Cak3mama

mom2my3girlz Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 11:26pm
post #1 of 6

Is it 3-5.00 per serving for Fondont covered cake with details?

5 replies
JaeRodriguez Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 12:15am
post #2 of 6

It definitely depends where you're located from what I've seen, have you tried searching the forums to see what past posts have said? I can't give an answer because I don't sell my cakes, sorry hope you can find something in the archives!

catlharper Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 1:57am
post #3 of 6

Beginning prices are $3 for buttercream and $4 for fondant and they up from there. Typical buttercream wedding cake would be $5 a slice for buttercream or $6 a slice for fondant...that's with piping, sugar flowers, the works.

indydebi Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 5:55am
post #4 of 6

Definitely depends on where you live. Getting "averages" won't really tell you anything.

I could tell you that my per price was $3; KoryAK could tell her that her's is $7.50; snarkybaker could tell you her's was $8 or more. What does that tell you?

Unless you know that Kory lives in Alaska and her cost of ingredients is much higher than mine because of location; unless you know that snarky uses imported and ultra-finest ingredients, causing her cost to be higher than mine; then all you have are 3 very widely spaced prices.

There are lots of factors involved .... just being told an average doesn't really help you establish a good pricing structure for your costs and your location.

prterrell Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 8:29pm
post #5 of 6

The best way to find the average price in your market is to call around to the bakeries where you live and ask what their prices are.

Cak3mama Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 11:36pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Definitely depends on where you live. Getting "averages" won't really tell you anything.

I could tell you that my per price was $3; KoryAK could tell her that her's is $7.50; snarkybaker could tell you her's was $8 or more. What does that tell you?

Unless you know that Kory lives in Alaska and her cost of ingredients is much higher than mine because of location; unless you know that snarky uses imported and ultra-finest ingredients, causing her cost to be higher than mine; then all you have are 3 very widely spaced prices.

There are lots of factors involved .... just being told an average doesn't really help you establish a good pricing structure for your costs and your location.

I agree !!
U just need to sit down and figure out how much it costs YOU to do the cake..and what u feel comfortable charging per serving to make a profit u are happy with ..
Hope that helps icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%