I have just had an order for a 2 year birthday and the birthday girl is allergic to dairy and eggs. If anyone has a tested recipe I would appreciate it much!! Thanks!
A friend has a son who is allergic to peanuts & eggs. She makes his cakes using a Pillsbury mix and 1 can of soda - that's it!
They don't rise very well and is better suited for cupcakes but you can use it for cakes.
I don't think the Pillsbury mix contains dairy but double check.
here is a basic vanilla sponge cake recipe that is dairy an degg free that I have recently made but I made two batches to make the cake deeper
225g/8oz Self Raising Wholemeal Flour
2 teasp Baking Powder
175g/6oz Caster Sugar
6 tbsp Sunflower Oil
1 teasp Vanilla Extract
4 tbsp Strawberry or Raspberry Jam
Icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and grease two 20cm/8 inch tins and line them with baking parchment. Set aside.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl, stirring in any remaining bran from the sieve then stir in the caster sugar.
3. Add the oil, water and vanilla extract and mix well with a wooden spoon, until the mixture is smooth.
4. Divide the mixture equally between the two prepared tins and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown or until the centre of the sponge springs back when lightly touched.
5. Allow the sponges to cool before turning out and transferring to a wire rack.
You can use any flavouring or add vegan friendly chocolate to keep it safe from dairy.
Thank You very much!
If you make a cake free of dairy and egg it is basically considered vegan. If you do a search here for vegan cakes you will find lots of recipes.
This is my specialty... It's all I do. Even for those who don't request it, they tell me is absolutely delicious every time. Jaws usually drop when I tell them it's egg & dairy free!
Here are two fool proof ones for you:
(In the blog it says it can't be used for cake, but they're nuts. It's bakes perfectly! I would just use cake flour instead of all purpose for vanilla cake. Also, replace half of the coconut for vanilla extract, but do use half of the coconut, it needs it and you won't taste it. Some people can taste it if you use all that it calls for.
For the chocolate use Isa Chandra's
Just make it as it is: