Wedding Favour Cookies

Baking By Tarah Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 8:53pm by Eisskween

Tarah  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tarah Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 10

I wonder if anyone can help me I am looking for a recipie to make wedding favour cookies. They have to be made well in advance so I need a recipie that will stay crisp and keep for a while

many thanks

Taraha

9 replies
 Eisskween  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 10

NFSC = No Fail Sugar Cookies. The recipe is in the recipe section. They are the BEST! icon_smile.gif

Tarah Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 10

thank you so much i will give this a try. can you shape these as we are having heart shaped with icing on and the couples initials iced onto them.

thanks you again
Taraha

bridge72  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridge72 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 10

I haven't used the NFSC before but I just use KHalstead's modified NFSC recipe and got rave reviews from the "taste tasters" at work! Crispy on the outside with a nice chewy recipe on the inside without lots of spreading. The recipe can be found right here on CC. HTH

cathyscakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 7:54pm
post #5 of 10

It really depends on if you want really good taste or a cookie that holds its shape. I like the nfsc for how it doesn't spread, the cookies edges are sharp and look perfect. I don't like the taste as well though. I think they are floury tasting, but that is just my opinion, everyone sure raves about them on cc so its probably just my taste.

JGMB  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 8:16pm
post #6 of 10

If they have to be made well in advance, can you just make them and freeze them? I do this all the time with my own sugar cookies, frosted and decorated with glace. I freeze them in Rubbermaid containers with wax paper between the layers. Then, a day before or the day that you want to use them, let them come to room temperature and individually wrap them.

Eisskween Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 8:25pm
post #7 of 10

Tarah these cookies is for use with cutters if that is what you mean by shaping them. icon_smile.gif

Tarah Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 8:29pm
post #8 of 10

here i am again wanting help. the recipe looks great but im not in the us so dont have cup measurements does any one know what 2 cups of butter equal is it 1 lb ?
and the sugar and flour seem to differ greatly i have tried converters but they say 2 cups of flour are 1lb 6 oz and 2 cups of sugar are 14 oz i am confused

Tarah Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 8:46pm
post #9 of 10

Its okay I have found a conversion site Thanks for all your help ladies im off to try the recipe now.
I will get back to you all and let you know how I get on
Thanks a bundle
Taraha

Eisskween Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 8:53pm
post #10 of 10

Yes, 2 cups of butter is equal to one pound. Sorry it took so long.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%