Wedding Favour Cookies

Baking By Tarah Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 8:53pm by Eisskween

Tarah Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 10

I wonder if anyone can help me I am looking for a recipie to make wedding favour cookies. They have to be made well in advance so I need a recipie that will stay crisp and keep for a while

many thanks

Taraha

9 replies
Eisskween Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 10

NFSC = No Fail Sugar Cookies. The recipe is in the recipe section. They are the BEST! icon_smile.gif

Tarah Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 10

thank you so much i will give this a try. can you shape these as we are having heart shaped with icing on and the couples initials iced onto them.

thanks you again
Taraha

bridge72 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 10

I haven't used the NFSC before but I just use KHalstead's modified NFSC recipe and got rave reviews from the "taste tasters" at work! Crispy on the outside with a nice chewy recipe on the inside without lots of spreading. The recipe can be found right here on CC. HTH

cathyscakes Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 7:54pm
post #5 of 10

It really depends on if you want really good taste or a cookie that holds its shape. I like the nfsc for how it doesn't spread, the cookies edges are sharp and look perfect. I don't like the taste as well though. I think they are floury tasting, but that is just my opinion, everyone sure raves about them on cc so its probably just my taste.

JGMB Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 8:16pm
post #6 of 10

If they have to be made well in advance, can you just make them and freeze them? I do this all the time with my own sugar cookies, frosted and decorated with glace. I freeze them in Rubbermaid containers with wax paper between the layers. Then, a day before or the day that you want to use them, let them come to room temperature and individually wrap them.

Eisskween Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 8:25pm
post #7 of 10

Tarah these cookies is for use with cutters if that is what you mean by shaping them. icon_smile.gif

Tarah Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 8:29pm
post #8 of 10

here i am again wanting help. the recipe looks great but im not in the us so dont have cup measurements does any one know what 2 cups of butter equal is it 1 lb ?
and the sugar and flour seem to differ greatly i have tried converters but they say 2 cups of flour are 1lb 6 oz and 2 cups of sugar are 14 oz i am confused

Tarah Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 8:46pm
post #9 of 10

Its okay I have found a conversion site Thanks for all your help ladies im off to try the recipe now.
I will get back to you all and let you know how I get on
Thanks a bundle
Taraha

Eisskween Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 8:53pm
post #10 of 10

Yes, 2 cups of butter is equal to one pound. Sorry it took so long.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%