Wheat,soy, Egg And Peanut Free Cake Recipe??

Baking By tomsmom245 Updated 20 Mar 2010 , 12:16pm by erika-pieceofcake

tomsmom245 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 3

Anyone have one? I have a friend that has 2 kids with lots of food allergies. She asked me if I could make them both birthday cakes that are wheat, soy, egg and peanut free. I did one when they were smaller (before we knew about the wheat and soy allergies) that was call 'wacky cake' that was egg free. It is awesome but I can't use that one this time.

Any ideas on flour subs and if you can just sub one for regular flour?

2 replies
Adevag Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 3

I would first look in the gluten free section of the grocery store and read labels for ingredients to make sure it is also free of soy and egg. I would also ask the mother to provide a list of soy derivatives just to be on the safe side. Soy is hidden in so many products lately.

erika-pieceofcake Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 12:16pm
post #3 of 3

My brother had to go on the yeast free diet which means no flour, dairy or sugar. So I modified a scratch recipe. It called for 2 cups of flour and I used 1 cup of almond flour mixed with 1 cup of bean flour (I found them in the baking aisle of my central market H-E-B) and just increased the baking soda to 2 tbsp instead of 1. I did use eggs because he could have eggs so I don't know what to tell you about that. Hope that helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%