I need to make 60 Cupcakes for a 3 year old (Boys) Birthday. His invites will be 2 and 3 years old. My thing is I want something that they'll enjoy, not throw in the Garbage. Anyone with a Recipe, Please, Help and thank you for looking and your respond.
Again, Thank you
As far as I know, any recipe will do for cupcakes that makes regular cakes (unless everyone is holding out on me that is!) I have a couple great scratch recipes but they are basic, vanilla butter and chocolate cakes. I got them from www.wilton.com in the recipes section. The chocolate cake is their "celebration cake" and it has melted chocolate in the batter. I have found that key point to be the holy grail of making a moist scratch cake! Just add chocolate! I made a batch of 40 cupcakes for 4 year olds last week, took two batches of their chocolate cake recipe...they ate them up, and even stole eachother's when they weren't looking!
6 squares semi-sweet chocolate
3/4 cup butter or margarine (1 1/2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups water
Makes: 6 cups of cake batter.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 10 in. pan.
1. Melt chocolate and butter in large bowl on top of range in heavy saucepan over low heat.
2. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
3. Stir sugar into melted chocolate mixture until well blended.
4. With electric mixer at low speed, beat in eggs, one at time, until completely mixed. Add vanilla.
5, Stir in 1/2 cup of the flour, the baking soda and the salt.
6. Beat in remaining flour alternately with water until well blended and smooth.
7. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 15 minutes on cooling rack.
Jemoiselle, I want to say Thank You very much for the recipe.
You are most welcome! I love love love it, myself. Finally, moist scratch cake. Ahhhh. Enjoy, let us know how they turn out! I'm sure they will be fabulous and make us all drool =)