Party Cancelled - Freeze Fbct?

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 14 Mar 2010 , 9:39am by Cake-makerz

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 3:51am
post #1 of 6

I made a FBCT cake with little BC smash cake for my friend's daughter's 1st b-day in 2 days. Well, she just called and her little girl is sick icon_sad.gif , so the party is cancelled.

It's such a bummer cause I worked super hard on the cakes, got up really early, practiced by doing 2 other FBCT's and neglected a lot of other things I needed to get done... icon_cry.gif And my kids will also be disappointed about the party being cancelled.

I don't think I can freeze the FBCT now, as I understand it runs? Plus, I have no freezer space. I have a few other cakes on the go and limited space at best. The party will likely be rescheduled for next weekend and we'll be out of town.

I was thinking that I would drop off the cakes at her house and tell her she should freeze them until the party. At least she'll see what they are supposed to look like! Any instructions I should give her to minimize the damage? I am doing this as a gift.

TIA!

5 replies
Jemoiselle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jemoiselle Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 7:44am
post #2 of 6

OH my goodness! I don't have any experience with this, so I hope you don't mind me responding but I just wanted to say I am sooo sorry! I haven't had this happen yet, and have been dreading what I will end up doing. Especially if it was a paid cake, eek! At least this is a gift, not to minimize the situation mind you. Hang in there, someone qualified will be responding in a jiffy I just know it.

Here is to finding peace in the meantime...hugs!

Cake-makerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-makerz Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 3:26pm
post #3 of 6

Give it to her and (maybe) you can give instructions for freezing.....
icon_razz.gif

kimbm04r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbm04r Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 5:08pm
post #4 of 6

On Valentines Day I made a train cake (see my gallery "The Valentine Express") and when we got to church there were only 2 other people there besides my husband and myself. Everyone else was sick or away for the weekend (yes, we go to a very small church, 15 at the most). We decided to save it for the following weekend so everyone could enjoy it. The wheels, door and window was all made from FBCT. I froze the cake using the directs following and you could not tell it had been frozen. Luckily my parents have a chest freezer with lots of room.

Have her freeze it (unwrapped) until it is completely frozen. Take it from the freezer and wrap it really well in plastic wrap and then foil. Place back in freezer then remove from the freezer a few hours (or the night before needed) and let it thaw completely while it is still wrapped. This will allow the condensation to cling to the wrapping and not the cake.

HTH

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 5:36pm
post #5 of 6

Do what Kim suggests!

Cake-makerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-makerz Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 9:39am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastryjen

Do what Kim suggests!

Yes i think it's a good idea