Decorating By leah_s Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 4:01pm by Kitagrl

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 5:09am
post #31 of 48

Thanks. icon_smile.gif

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 5:10am
post #32 of 48

I'm wide awake and I'm making a small birthday cake for my nephew. It's a ten inch round chocolate cake with cookie and cream filling. The theme is mickey mouse so I'm thinking of painting Steamboat Willie on top since my brother is more old school.... cant wait!

Kitagrl Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 5:11am
post #33 of 48

Aundrea, thanks! I got the stencil at GSA ...yeah its a cake stencil. And yes just airbrushed with the pearl/bit of gold.

My airbrush is definitely my best larger purchase.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 5:13am
post #34 of 48

Wow, Kita, I gotta practice. I wanna do that! It really looks like expensive fabric. GREAT job!

Kitagrl Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 5:14am
post #35 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Wow, Kita, I gotta practice. I wanna do that! It really looks like expensive fabric. GREAT job!

Yeah what's the name of that fabric????? I was trying to describe it to someone and can't for the life of me remember what its called....

Seriously if you use the gentle pearl color and nice cold firm fondant, its really easy!!!! Way easier than doing the royal icing thing.

Thanks!

leah_s Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 5:17am
post #36 of 48

Damask

Kitagrl Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 5:18am
post #37 of 48

I thought so! But then isn't that a certain pattern? Like the stencil that is called "damask"...?

Is all "satin on white" fabric called damask?

evie114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evie114 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 5:28am
post #38 of 48

Flocked??? Is that what you call that ? or am I thinking of wallpaper?

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 6:14am
post #39 of 48

kitagirl...gorgeous! Yes, it's Damask and no, don't add a thing to it...it's perfect!

aDBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aDBakes Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 6:30am
post #40 of 48

Wow Kitagirl, love your airbrushing work. Can't believe you are just starting airbrushing stencils, looks great!

Renae what pumpkin recipe are you using? One here on CC?

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 6:51am
post #41 of 48

I love love love your cake Kitagirl - and I agree with the pp that I may try my airbrush machine more before purchasing the cricut. And as a hobby sewer - I think you are referring to 'jacquard' fabric - it's sometimes a tone on tone but with a sheen.

I just finished 3 simple cakes for a bridal shower tomorrow. Then tomorrow I have 10 - yes 10 - 6" 1 layer cakes to decorate for a First Communion service on Sunday!

Have a great night - I'm headed to bed early for a Friday night!

Suze

Calgary_Mama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calgary_Mama Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 6:52am
post #42 of 48

I just finished my "open gift box" cake icon_smile.gif I LOVED it. So fun.
I enjoy how much I am learning in what seems to be a little bit of time. I've only been decoating for a year now icon_smile.gif

Calgary_Mama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calgary_Mama Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 6:54am
post #43 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Okay here is a picture of it in my fridge. icon_smile.gif Its going to go on a decorative gold-ish stand so hopefully the presentation will be really nice tomorrow, right now it looks like it needs more flowers but I wanted it not to be too busy.

At least this way you can see what I mean by airbrushed stencil...I do think this one was much easier than the black royal icing stencils I did last month! haha.

Wow! Gorgeous.

leah_s Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 2:51pm
post #44 of 48

Damask isn't a specific pattern. It's like Jacquard in that way. They're old, old textile patterns, achieved originally by weaving.

Kitagrl Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 2:55pm
post #45 of 48
Quote:

Damask isn't a specific pattern. It's like Jacquard in that way. They're old, old textile patterns, achieved originally by weaving.

Cool. Well...its one or the other. haha. Or both! Maybe its a different weight? I always think "damask curtains" or jacquard being in the fabric store for sewing...maybe its the weight of it or something?

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 3:52pm
post #46 of 48
Quote:

I had someone who wanted a tasting for a 6" round cake.

Uhh, NO.

wackadoodles.

LOL I had client wanting to taste 'several flavors' so they could order 12, 12!!!! cupcakes. pleeease. icon_mad.gif

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 3:58pm
post #47 of 48
Quote:

Most stores usually have it with the pie filling in the baking aisle....I love making pumpkin cake! I use it for tastings and stuff sometimes, esp when the brides are looking ahead for fall flavors!

icon_biggrin.gif yeah, I know where they usually have it - it's just that no one had any! I volunteer at my daughter's school in the kitchen and the lady that runs it pulled one out of the pantry for me thumbs_up.gif

Kitagrl Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 4:01pm
post #48 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaejrk

Quote:

Most stores usually have it with the pie filling in the baking aisle....I love making pumpkin cake! I use it for tastings and stuff sometimes, esp when the brides are looking ahead for fall flavors!

icon_biggrin.gif yeah, I know where they usually have it - it's just that no one had any! I volunteer at my daughter's school in the kitchen and the lady that runs it pulled one out of the pantry for me thumbs_up.gif

Wow that's weird! Almost all of our grocery stores carry it year round. Of course maybe that's just because nobody buys it most of the year. haha.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%