Cupcake Bouquet Disaster!!

Baking By jenlynnlmt Updated 10 Jul 2014 , 10:12pm by missmarquisha

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 2:18am
post #91 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin12345

Thrilled to have read all of this great advice and anxious to try making a cc bouquet. One question...some of the photos look like the "leaves" are tissue paper. If so, how do you keep it from getting greasy? Thanks!

I can't speak for anyone else, but I use plastic table cloth (the cheapie party kind) cut into +/-4 inch squares

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 3:21am
post #92 of 186

What a wonderful idea, RHarris!!!! I used tissue paper, which I actually hot-glued into the pot. Well, of course people managed to smear icing on it! With the plastic tablecloth, you could just wipe it clean to be reused. Thanks!!

heysugar504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heysugar504 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 5:45pm
post #93 of 186

Thanks KHalstead for all of your advice! I purchased supplies to make one cc bouquet and it was $15! They styrofoam ball was $12! I can't wait to try this using your tips.

MelissaMay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaMay Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 9:09am
post #94 of 186

Thanks to all for this thread... I am going to attempt making these for a bridal shower.. I am having trouble thinking of how to do this. They will be the centerpieces for the tables but there are 10 people per table. Should I make a bouquet with minis enough for each to have to cc\\'s...How would I make a regular sized cupcake bouquet with 10 cuppies?? any advice?
Thanks icon_rolleyes.gif

katielb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katielb Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 11:12am
post #95 of 186

ive just read through the whole thread but i cant seem to find the answer to one of the questions which was \\"how are the toothpicks pierced through the cup\\".
Sounds like a simple question but im guessing you would have to ensure the hole isnt too big otherwise the toothpick would fall out??

cloetzu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cloetzu Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 2:52am
post #96 of 186

thanks for posting the pictures!! they really help!

Niki11784 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niki11784 Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 7:27pm
post #97 of 186

I am trying to figure out- do you usea 5oz cup AND a 2oz cup? Does the smaller cup go inside the bigger cup upside down for height?

pinkbutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbutterfly Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 1:14am
post #98 of 186

I was only able to find 5 1/2 oz cups at my supply store. Do you think they will work? I don't want to open the bag and not use them. I really want to try one for friday. TIA!

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 1:47am
post #99 of 186

KHalstead, you are my new guru! I love your cupcake bouquets and your willingness to share what you know with everyone. Such a generous spirit will surely yield good karma icon_smile.gif

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 3:12am
post #100 of 186

Great thread. I am glad someone posted to it so that I then found it!
Thanks KHalstead for your patience and advice.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 12:03am
post #101 of 186

OK, throw my hat into the cupcake bouquet ring! I am offeringthem for on day on V day, thank you KHalstead for your cup method, works fantastic!

http://picasaweb.google.com/jenniferbratko/CupcakeBouquets#5566995083765561138

These are both vanilla cupcakes with SMBC, sprayed with a little of Duff's Grafitti spray in ceramic pots I found at Ikea, and MFF flowers.

Selling 1/2 dozen for $35 with delivery in San Francisco.

I'll let you all know if I sell any (fingers crossed!!)

Thanks!

Jen

Evoir Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 12:39am
post #102 of 186

Jen - they look fantastic too. I was thinking of doing the same thing for VDay. Might have to pull my fingerout and make a practice batch for photographing! I love your plastic card picks too...neat idea.

Meagan84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meagan84 Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 1:11am
post #103 of 186

What a great Post! Thanks everyone for the great input!

new2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
new2bake Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 6:25am
post #104 of 186

sorry, but where are the instructions? can't seem to find any reg the plastic cup method?

yellowtulips11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellowtulips11 Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 6:48am
post #105 of 186

I've never tried a cc bouquet but now I'm anxious to give it a shot! Thanks everyone!

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 1:18pm
post #106 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2bake

sorry, but where are the instructions? can't seem to find any reg the plastic cup method?

If you have a look on the first page of this topic KHalstead explains it and has put photos to show how to do it.

anjaligg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anjaligg Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 7:30pm
post #107 of 186

Where do I buy the 2 inch and 5 inch cups? I have looked at the grocery stores, dollar store, party city without any luck. Does anybody know the brand name of these cups so I can order online? Thanks so much!

Anjaligg

Evoir Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 10:30pm
post #108 of 186

I made some for Valentine's Day - they were a hit!

Karadactyl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karadactyl Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 10:55am
post #109 of 186

I made one this week on a whim after seeing pots at the craft store! So easy and so happy with the outcome!

MissFortunate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissFortunate Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 9:19pm
post #110 of 186

I want to make a mini bouquet inside a pot. I can't tell from the picture how they are attached to the pot? Are they are stapled together and then glued in the pot? Are they glued to a cakeboard and then put in the pot? Someone has asked me to make for a bridal shower in a couple weeks and I need to figure out the best way to do. Thanks!

DebMcGee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebMcGee Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 8:24pm
post #111 of 186

This is brilliant - thanks for all the tips!

GloriousCups Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GloriousCups Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 10:13pm
post #112 of 186

We've made bouquets using both methods. The cup method def worked best for us. You can see both in our pictures. The first pic is the cup method (the one wrapped in Cello) and the second is the styrofoam method. Cup method def makes for better transporting!! icon_smile.gif

XxX

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 10:37am
post #113 of 186

I think this is a great idea! Thanks for sharing with pictures. I can't wait to try the in the future.

asnider0307 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asnider0307 Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 10:29pm
post #114 of 186

I was hoping to make a cc bouquet this weekend as a surpise for a friend's birthday, but now I'm not sure what I have will work. I bought a styrofoam ball and got lollipop sucker sticks. I don't have any of the plastic cups that seem to work so well. I may have to run out and get some tomorrow or just try doing it with toothpicks. I hope I can make it work! Thanks for the tutorial!!!

JGMB Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 11:03pm
post #115 of 186

Good luck, asnider! Please post photos of your success! icon_smile.gif

livlou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
livlou Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 11:48pm
post #116 of 186

hi, would polystyrene cups work instead of plastic?, plastic ones are not that cheap for 2oz ones
can not wait to try this out, great post and thanks for all tips and advice icon_smile.gif

amaryllis756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaryllis756 Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 10:50am
post #117 of 186

Your work is so beautiful! What kind of frosting do you use. Is it a crusting buttercream Do you think I would have problems with them if I used SMBC? That is the most favorite part of my cupcakes according to my customers. Do you think they would hold up?

KylaQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KylaQ Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 5:35am
post #118 of 186

Wonderful pics! And love the idea. One question, and I'm on my phone so I might have missed it. Using the cups, how do you keep the top cc from falling in? I know they are stapled together, but still, under the weight of it wouldn't it fall in on itself?

JGMB Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 11:38am
post #119 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylaQ

Using the cups, how do you keep the top cc from falling in? I know they are stapled together, but still, under the weight of it wouldn't it fall in on itself?

I've made these several times now and never had a cave-in. The cups are very sturdy.

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 8:22pm
post #120 of 186

I just LOVE the cc bouquets!! Getting the courage to try and do one. What do the plastic cups sit in in the pot so they don't sink down? Is there a tip to use to get the rose flower look on the tops?

Thanks much!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%