1/2 Hour Early, Geez

Business By Kitagrl Updated 16 Mar 2010 , 7:53pm by Rachie204

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 12

Having a consult at a coffee place and scheduled for 4pm...lady calls at 3:30 saying she's early and wondering when I'll be there. icon_confused.gif I'm like, Ummm when my husband gets home from picking up my boys from school.....

Good grief. I mean there's being punctual or there's totally messing up my schedule! ha.

11 replies
BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 8:52pm
post #2 of 12

Answer: 4pm

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 8:56pm
post #3 of 12

Uh oh....this could be a PITA client in the making.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 8:58pm
post #4 of 12

I would've said "we are scheduled at 4pm, so I'll be there at 4pm sharp" lol

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 12

I think she was plotting with your purse handles! icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

I agree with the above.....I'll be there at 4:00!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 12

Well I got there at 3:45 and she was actually a really nice grandma...she ordered a cake for 100 ppl and gave me $100 cash on the spot deposit, so no complaints. thumbs_up.gif

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 1:34am
post #7 of 12

key word..."grandma"...my grandmother literally leaves her house at least an hour before her appointment time...even though it only takes 15 minutes to drive there.

The highlight of her day is if she makes it out of her appointment before the time it was supposed to begin.

Example: "Papa and I had a doctors appointment at 10:00 but we were leaving the parking lot at 10:05"

(said with a huge smile and tons of excitement)

LOL

I'm glad your client ended up being easy to work with. I hope it continues to go smoothly.

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 1:50am
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie204

key word..."grandma"...my grandmother literally leaves her house at least an hour before her appointment time...even though it only takes 15 minutes to drive there.

The highlight of her day is if she makes it out of her appointment before the time it was supposed to begin.

Example: "Papa and I had a doctors appointment at 10:00 but we were leaving the parking lot at 10:05"

LOL

I'm glad your client ended up being easy to work with. I hope it continues to go smoothly.

LOL that's so funny but so true. Older people love to be very punctual or really early.

BTW Rachie might be a tad random just have to say that your avatar photo is gorgeous icon_smile.gif lol

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 2:02am
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie204

LOL

Your post made me smile. icon_smile.gif

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 2:03am
post #10 of 12

old people and time... my mum has lunch about 10.30am, dinner about 4ish (bold and the beautiful is on she tells me) and then bed.. and then complains about waking up at 3am

i shouldnt talk - i was born early and im generally early for everything, im talking 5hrs at the airport for a flight early... good thing sydney terminal now has a massause because for our november trip i sent hubby off for a massage while i got on the laptop for a few hours

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 2:22am
post #11 of 12

The elderly are so cute! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif My grandparents are the same way with leaving the house early. My grandma will actually drive the longest route just to avoid the traffic/stop signs in certain areas. She also goes to the grocery store as early as possible, like before 8 a.m. She says she has to avoid "the lunch bunch". icon_biggrin.gif

Glad your appt was a success! icon_biggrin.gif

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 7:53pm
post #12 of 12

Elise87~ Thank you so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%