Need Help! Cake Due Tomorrow!

Decorating By tsal Updated 12 Mar 2010 , 9:24pm by tsal

tsal Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 4

Hi,

I'm making an iPod cake. I need to put a silver fondant border all around the top edge of the cake. Two questions:

what color should I make the fondant before painting it silver? Would baby blue work?

Also, I'd like the border (it will be less than 1-inch thick) to be one continuous piece all around the cake. I have a pasta machine and I intend to use the linguini attachment to cut the border. Any tips on how to handle it or to get it on the cake on one piece? The cake will be a rectangular carved cake that is about 7" X 11" (not sure about the size yet because I will be carving it to scale with the edible image which I have yet to pick up).

Any guidance would be most welcome!!

3 replies
Loucinda Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 4

Baby blue should work - gray would be better, IMO.

For the piece to go around....as the rope is being made, I would circle it on a plate or a cookie sheet - just keep going around and around - that way you get no kinks in it and you can take the plate to where the cake is to put it on.

juststarted Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 4

all I can say in my very limited knowledge is that coloring your fondant in light grey should work for painting in silver.

tsal Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 9:24pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks!! I will use light gray. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%