What's Your Favorite Mmf Recipe?

Decorating By anikahmae Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 3:35am by catlharper

anikahmae Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 4

I am making my mother a birthday cake. I have never made MMF, any suggestions or tips? Thanks! Marisa

3 replies
khoudek Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 4

Rhonda's Ultimate MMF. Recipe is on CC. It is delisious. I've also played around with the flavor by varying the extracts and gourmet oil.

aggiechef Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 4

I use T's MMF, again a recipe you can find on CC. It's easy to make, tastes great, and handles really well.

catlharper Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 3:35am
post #4 of 4

I use the simple one...16oz marshmallows, 2 tbs water, approx 2 lbs powdered sugar and one half tsp flavoring. Melt marshmallows, 30sec at a time in the microwave till melted with water, stir in flavoring (this is when you would add color if you want the whole recipe a different color) and then stir in half the powdered sugar. Add more powdered sugar till you get a ball starting to form then turn out onto a powder sugar dusted surface and knead in just enough powdered sugar to get a bread dough or pizza dough consistancy. Use crisco on your hands to help prevent sticking and when you get the dough to the final consistancy smear a light coating of crisco over the "dough ball" and wrap well. Put in fridge for at least 2 hours but preferably 24 hours. When you take it out the next day just nuke for 15-30 seconds to soften it up then knead it smooth again. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%