Cake Balls

Decorating By tab26852 Updated 17 Mar 2010 , 2:46am by sugarspice

tab26852 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 11

can cake balls be frozen after dipped in chocolate and does anyone want to share their favorate cake ball receipe looking for some ideas

10 replies
SPCC Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 1:13am
post #2 of 11

I froze my cake balls that I made for christmas (my oldest liked them better this way) and I just used a white cake for the chocolate ones and chocolate cake for the white chocolate ones. Very easy to make

sugarspice Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 3:23am
post #3 of 11

Everything you wanted to know, and then some. A thread titled "a serious thread about cake balls"

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=658476&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

2txmedics Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 5:02am
post #4 of 11

That is one thing I have problems with!!! I cant seem to work with melted choc...I had this excellent idea to make them last year for a birthday cake....FORGET IT!!!

After several attempts I thought I can work in BC...Ill do them like that...another joke...The Cake ball tree came out looking good, to my surprise...but if you look closely with the red velet cake, you can see crumbs in it...lol, NOBODY NOTICED!!!!!

That tree has 200 cake balls also!

BUT I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW HOW TO WORK WITH MELTED CHOC. AND DO CAKE BALLS!!!! They look so much smoother and ncier than this...lol...and the person this was made for in April, just called, wants another cake ball cake!!!!
LL

nicoles0419 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 5:18am
post #5 of 11

i like making icecream ones, just mixing the cake with any flavor icecream, then dip them and freeze them

Jemoiselle Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 7:20am
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoles0419

i like making icecream ones, just mixing the cake with any flavor icecream, then dip them and freeze them

That is a GREAT idea, thank you so much! And to the OP, I love your cake ball tree and can see why they would want another. It makes me want one too! =)

2txmedics Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 3:42am
post #7 of 11

Jemoiselle
Thank you very much!!! I love the colors, but my god...I had a horrible time. I would love to learn how to work with melted choc's...but I cant, and dont have the patience....

So now this person wants more and Im like ahhh okkkkk...I have til April 8th when its due....

tiggy2 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 3:53am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2txmedics

Jemoiselle
Thank you very much!!! I love the colors, but my god...I had a horrible time. I would love to learn how to work with melted choc's...but I cant, and dont have the patience....

So now this person wants more and Im like ahhh okkkkk...I have til April 8th when its due....

Merkins is one of the best candy melts to use as they melt smooth. I have used the ck melts and added shortening to it to thin it out for better dipping. You can also add paramount crystals.

sugarspice Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 1:46am
post #9 of 11

I think adding the color may have made your chocolate "sieze" or thicken. Powdered colors may be better, or try and thin again with the 2 products mentioned in the prior post. The choc should flow from a spoon a bit thinner than honey.

sugarspice Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:45am
post #10 of 11

This is a good blog/article re: cake balls. Lots of good pictures of the process and texture. Flavor suggestions from quite a few people, and some pricing.
http://simpledailyrecipes.com/cake-balls-the-new-candy-truffle/

sugarspice Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:46am
post #11 of 11

This is a good blog/article re: cake balls. Lots of good pictures of the process and texture. Flavor suggestions from quite a few people, and some pricing.
http://simpledailyrecipes.com/cake-balls-the-new-candy-truffle/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%