Wedding Cake Indecision

Decorating By mrswendel Updated 16 Mar 2010 , 10:09pm by yummy

mrswendel Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 7

The sister of the bride contacted me to do the wedding cake (sister is a previous client and is giving the cake as a gift). Wedding has 300 people with the cake being served later in the evening.

Here is the dilemma....they did not want to to a consultation since they have seen and tasted my cakes. Their email stated "we totally trust you and don't want a consultation...we can't wait to be surprised and see what you come up with.....we are sure it will be beautiful!" She sent me the following pictures of cakes that she likes (which are all different styles). Her colours are very earthy-ivory/mossy green. Centrepieces are bamboo/water/stone. She does NOT want ANY flowers.

I am worried about the cake looking too plain with no flowers or topper. Any suggestions on what you would do?

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 5:46pm
post #2 of 7

Well if this is the style/styles she like then I wouldn't worry about the design too much..Look at the pics and try and choose an element/elements for your cake and design around that.I'm sure it will be beautiful and having Free reign is awesome.This is a great opportunity to be really creative!

Chippi Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 7

Check out Rylan cakes on here. All of his cakes are gorgeous but last two that he won with are what I think might help you. icon_smile.gif

Chippi

mrswendel Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 6:24pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks everyone! I love the cake by Edna (thanks Tiggy2) I saw that one but I think it would look off without the flowers. I instantly thought of Rylan's cakes too...he does alot of the "nature"elements. Definitely some food for thought!

kerri729 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 6:24pm
post #6 of 7

Ah, every decorator's dream........the "I trust your judgement, do what you like" customer! I also love these simple cakes, and if that's what your customer likes, then go for it! Take the best elements from each, and come up with your own creation, the possibilities are endless!

yummy Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 10:09pm
post #7 of 7

I think the first cake on the list Tiggy suggested would be perfect. It has all the elements that will be at the reception and it's definetely impressive. If I was having the same exact wedding/reception you described but I choose the design of the cake I would choose that one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%