Realistic Beer Foam

Decorating By rcolson13 Updated 17 Mar 2010 , 12:57am by Kitagrl

rcolson13 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 9

I'm making a pouring beer cake this week. I've seen lots of pics where white BC is used to make the foam usually with a round tip, but my beer cake is Guinness so big white foam doesn't work so well. Does anyone have tips for making Guinness foam?

8 replies
Bluehue Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 9

Hmmmm, could you make a small *white cake* and using a round cutter - cut out the shape you need?
That way you would get the bubble effct as the white cake would have small air bubble texture when looking at it disected.
You could always freeze what you do not use - or make cake balls.

Or - fondant -
Once in the shape you need, you could poke little holes in it to give the impression of bubbles.
You could use a BRAND NEW babies comb sterilized of course before you use get all the little holes instead of doing them individually -

Might this be for St Patricks day? icon_wink.gif
If so you could make grreen cake balls from the left over white cake- icon_lol.gif

j_black Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 6:43pm
post #3 of 9

Hello! Marshmellows work very well. If your familiar with making mmf then you can complete the first few steps (water marshmellows) don't melt all the way, then pour into a greased cup or mold. After it dries remove the whole thing and place on top of cake. Hope this helps.............

rcolson13 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 9

That marshmello idea sounds really good. So it will harden enough so that it won't break when I'm taking it out of the mold? I would be using a 6inch round pan

I also live in Georgia. What part are you from?

j_black Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 3:08pm
post #5 of 9

Sorry for the late reply. I should not break as if will be the consistancy of a semi hardened marshmellow.
I live about 20 miles east of the I-75 near Cordele. How about you?

lanana Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 3:22pm
post #6 of 9

that marshmallows ideas is great!! I need to give it a try!!

I am also in GA, northwest. Are you guys going to the patty cakes competition this Sunday? I will love to see CC's friends there!!!

j_black Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 5:46pm
post #7 of 9

I would love to go, but I currently have baseball stuff to do. I have 3 boys, and a spouse that need me to schlep gear and keep them hydrated.

rcolson13 Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 12:29am
post #8 of 9

I'm right off of 75 in Kennesaw, Ga. I didn't know it existed! How do you find out about cake competitions around here? I'll see if I can convince the DH to go with me. I'll shoot you a pm if I go icon_lol.gif

Kitagrl Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 12:57am
post #9 of 9

white cotton candy??

Quote by @%username% on %date%