Cake Slicing Knife For Carving Cakes

Decorating By Pariscakes Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 8:55pm by Pariscakes

Pariscakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pariscakes Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 7

Looking for a professional cake knife that is used for torting and leveling cakes. Anyone know where I can get one that is long enough to slice through a 10inch round to tort it? Can't find anything that works in the retail stores.

6 replies
 prterrell  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:58pm
post #2 of 7

Agbay cake leveller.

janinybeany  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janinybeany Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 7

Those Agbay are gorgeous - but a little more than I need icon_redface.gif is there a type of knife I can purchase?

aej6  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 7

Thinking of getting an Agbay with tax return $$. I can't cut a cake straight to save my life!
Would love to hear ideas on other knives, though, also.

Charmed  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 7

I have seen one in pastry chef . com

KHalstead  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 7

http://www.tastefullysimple.com/NR/rdonlyres/CE9B3611-7AE7-4FB9-8211-718207E00819/0/BreadKnife.jpg

I use one like this (my DH bought me 8 different knives in a lot on ebay for $1 and this was one of them) I LOVE THIS THING!!!!

Levelers are good if you're just torting but if you're carving you need a knife. I like this one because it's like 14" long (the one I have) and works perfect for carving the whole width of sheet cakes and also the entire height of topsy turvy cakes, etc.

Pariscakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pariscakes Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 8:55pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the agbay.com suggestion. That is a nice tool. I am only just starting out and don't have a need for something like that , yet (maybe someday icon_smile.gif ) I think I found one from Fat Daddios. Wondered if anyone has used one and if it's a good investment.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%