Cake Slicing Knife For Carving Cakes

Decorating By Pariscakes Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 8:55pm by Pariscakes

Pariscakes Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 7

Looking for a professional cake knife that is used for torting and leveling cakes. Anyone know where I can get one that is long enough to slice through a 10inch round to tort it? Can't find anything that works in the retail stores.

6 replies
prterrell Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:58pm
post #2 of 7

Agbay cake leveller.

janinybeany Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 7

Those Agbay are gorgeous - but a little more than I need icon_redface.gif is there a type of knife I can purchase?

aej6 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 7

Thinking of getting an Agbay with tax return $$. I can't cut a cake straight to save my life!
Would love to hear ideas on other knives, though, also.

Charmed Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 7

I have seen one in pastry chef . com

KHalstead Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 7

I use one like this (my DH bought me 8 different knives in a lot on ebay for $1 and this was one of them) I LOVE THIS THING!!!!

Levelers are good if you're just torting but if you're carving you need a knife. I like this one because it's like 14" long (the one I have) and works perfect for carving the whole width of sheet cakes and also the entire height of topsy turvy cakes, etc.

Pariscakes Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 8:55pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the suggestion. That is a nice tool. I am only just starting out and don't have a need for something like that , yet (maybe someday icon_smile.gif ) I think I found one from Fat Daddios. Wondered if anyone has used one and if it's a good investment.

Quote by @%username% on %date%