How Do I Get This Cake There In One Piece.

Decorating By cricket0616 Updated 12 Mar 2010 , 2:54pm by cricket0616

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 3

I had seen this cake last year and thought it was adorable. I bought a pan and plan on making it for Easter this year. Only challenge is that I have to drive it 5 hours through the mountains of Tenn. I will have no time to decorate once I arrive, so I have to either finish before I leave or just make it one sided. Any thoughts on how to ensure it remains in tack for the trip or is it worth the risk.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1201075.html

2 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:16pm
post #2 of 3

Dowel it really good so the head and ears don't break during travel..Make sure it is really cold also as this helps keep it together too...If the roads are bumpy it may not be worth it ...I sent a 3D Teddybear out once and she didn't tell me she was driving it 3 hours away....When she got there the legs had broken off due to the constant bumping in the road...she wasn't mad at me and didn't want a refund but I sure wish some customer would divulge where they plan to take the cake as I would have advised her against it!

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:54pm
post #3 of 3

Same concern is the head and ears. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the roads are like. Maybe I should just play it safe. I would hate to get there and the ears on missing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%