How Many Pieces Of Cake

Decorating By suzied Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 12:16am by suzied

suzied Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzied Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 12:06pm
post #1 of 7

I have to make a tigger cake next week, can someone be kind enough to tell me how many pieces of cake could be cut out of it . I will be making it in the Wiltons Tigger pan. I dont have the pan with me at present. Checked a couple of cake cutting charts too. Thanks in advance.
LL

6 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 12:24pm
post #2 of 7

Usually those pans will use (the equivalent of) one cake mix. One cake mix will serve 12-15.

suzied Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 12:36pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Usually those pans will use (the equivalent of) one cake mix. One cake mix will serve 12-15.

I will be making my own recipe, if for instance i was to use one cake mix would you know what height it would be when baked. The cake mixture that i am hoping to make, once baked with be around 2 1/2" in height. I told my friend that she should be able to cut 25. Am i wrong?? Pls Help

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 1:10pm
post #4 of 7

I've made that cake a couple of times. Using one cake mix, undoctored, Wilton says that pan serves 12 - 16.

I use WASC, with DH cake mix (which yields about 8 cups of batter), fill the pan with about 6 cups, about 2/3 full. After some slight leveling, the cake is about 3 inches tall. Most times I torte and fill.

You *might* get 18 - 20 servings, torted and filled but I think 25 would be a stretch.

HTH

Toni Ann

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 1:38pm
post #5 of 7

A taller cake does not necessarily mean more servings. See this thread for my explanation of the how/why's.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=6740643#6740643

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:11pm
post #6 of 7

Unless it is cut small it won't yield 24 servings. For the single layer pan I'd say the 12-15 is accurate. You can always use a sheet cake under it, would probalby need a 11x15 or add cupcakes for the additional servings.

suzied Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 12:16am
post #7 of 7

indydebi
/Texas sugar/
q2wheels

Thanks a lot for your advice. Shall let my friend know. I hope she wont ask me to make another, even if its a sheet cake, to get the numbers. The best thing i did in life - joining CC. I am just addicted to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%