Hot Dog/french Fries Cake

Decorating By cakewhiz Updated 15 Mar 2010 , 1:04am by aundrea

cakewhiz Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 5:08am
post #1 of 8

This is my first attempt at a Hot Dog Cake. First I want to thank all of you who have inspired me and helped me with your photos and explanations. I certainly could not have done this cake without you. I have been decorating cakes for 34 years now.....and there is always something new to learn. I do have a motto that I live by....."Anything is easy...when you know how to do it". So to all of you who are struggling, you are not alone. Keep asking questions, practicing, and never give up!
LL
LL
LL

7 replies
prterrell Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 8

Turned out great! Makes me want to eat a hotdog! icon_biggrin.gif

shapeacake Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 8

I really like it! Nice job!

KHalstead Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:57pm
post #4 of 8

What is the hot dog itself made out of?? It looks incredibly real!!!!

cakewhiz Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 12:01am
post #5 of 8

The hot dog, cucumbers, tomatos, chili pepper, and white tissue paper were all formed and made out of sugarpaste. The onions and relish were cut up gummy bears. The french fries were made/cut from frozen pound cake into the shape of a french fry and then put on a cookie sheet and put under the broiler and toasted to a golden color. The bun was cut and shaped from frozen pound cake, covered in colored white chocolate clay, dusted with dusting powder to give it a golden color, and real poppy seeds were put onto the bun.

The checker board table cloth was made out of white chocolate clay and cut with a "square" cutter.

Jemoiselle Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:18pm
post #6 of 8

Wow, it looks so real I can almost smell it! Great job!

Peridot Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 12:57am
post #7 of 8

Fantastic cake!

aundrea Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 1:04am
post #8 of 8

your cake turned out fantastic!!! it looks so real. i dont even eat meat and its making me crave a hot dog!!
WTG

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%