Downgraded :-(

Lounge By prterrell Updated 30 Mar 2010 , 5:01am by prterrell

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 3:55am
post #1 of 24

I know I don't have as many posts as Indydebi or some of the other wonderful CC-ers, but I was really proud of having earned "Superstar" status. I just noticed I have been downgraded and am now a "Forum Fanatic" again. I know it's a silly thing to be upset about, but I can't help but feel a little sad. icon_rolleyes.gif Anyone else get downgraded?

23 replies
JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:43am
post #2 of 24

How did that happen? That's odd...Of course I am no where near that but it doesn't make sense unless they changed the criteria.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 5:03am
post #3 of 24

I noticed it a couple of days ago. Now you have to have 5000 posts to be a "Superstar" instead of 2000.

prterrell Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:35pm
post #4 of 24

Do you think they'll keep changing it? I post a lot, but not as near as much as a few others on here. I wonder if I'll keep bouncing back-and-forth between the two rankings?

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 3:30pm
post #5 of 24

I never paid attention to it until you pointed it out - bummer!

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 5:56pm
post #6 of 24

i think that they added a new rank of Cake Central Maven at 20,000 posts

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 6:28pm
post #7 of 24

20000 posts-woah!! you think i will make it in this lifetime? lol....

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 9:34pm
post #8 of 24

It's definitely possible! Indydebi has more than that!

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 9:44pm
post #9 of 24

From time to time they will get re-calibrated. We have had requests to add more tiers, so we will evaluate it from time to time.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 10:38pm
post #10 of 24

a tier for 10K would be a good stop off between the 5K and 20K

Loucinda Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 11:13pm
post #11 of 24

Doug - can I have some of your posts (just enough to get me to where I was!!) icon_biggrin.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 11:17pm
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

Doug - can I have some of your posts (just enough to get me to where I was!!) icon_biggrin.gif

only if you promise to fix all the typos, grammar and spelling errors! icon_rolleyes.gif

Loucinda Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 11:22pm
post #13 of 24

icon_cry.gif I'm not that good! Although, I don't think you have had to correct mine - does that get me any posts???

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 1:09am
post #14 of 24

i was uncomfortable about being ranked a 'forum superstar' just because i chat too much so i was happy about the downgrade LOL

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 3:43am
post #15 of 24

There needs to be a level for 5, 10, 15 & 20,000 posts. I doubt if I will ever see 5,000 but more levels are certainly necessary. Or do they have these already and I didn't know that?

PumpkinTart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PumpkinTart Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 3:33am
post #16 of 24

Is there somewhere you can see a list of the different 'levels'? I was just curious how many posts it takes to become something other than a newbie.

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 3:35am
post #17 of 24
DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 3:38am
post #18 of 24

Man, I remember when I was trying to get over 100 posts to be a Gallery Supporter, it felt like it took forever!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 11:12am
post #19 of 24

Don't you think that the higher the ranking the more it should be telling you that you need to get off the computer and do something productive? icon_confused.gif I don't even know what mine is, but I guess I'll check after I post this. Then I'm going to go do something productive.

prterrell Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 1:42am
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Don't you think that the higher the ranking the more it should be telling you that you need to get off the computer and do something productive? icon_confused.gif I don't even know what mine is, but I guess I'll check after I post this. Then I'm going to go do something productive.

Um, right now I am extremely ill due to a large ovarian tumor and there isn't much I can do besides sitting on the couch. I do watch TV, read, and work on my books, but I can't do that ALL of the time. I figure helping out other cakers is at least more productive than watching TV.

costumeczar Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 1:51am
post #21 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Um, right now I am extremely ill due to a large ovarian tumor and there isn't much I can do besides sitting on the couch. I do watch TV, read, and work on my books, but I can't do that ALL of the time. I figure helping out other cakers is at least more productive than watching TV.

That's a totally legitimate reason for being online, of course. I have no excuse like that, so I'm just a time-waster! icon_rolleyes.gif

prterrell Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 2:27am
post #22 of 24

That's okay, I figured that was mostly self-directed. icon_biggrin.gif You're forgiven. icon_lol.gif Heck, most of the time you'd be right on target. I am a notorious procrastinator.

costumeczar Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 2:37am
post #23 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

That's okay, I figured that was mostly self-directed. icon_biggrin.gif You're forgiven. icon_lol.gif Heck, most of the time you'd be right on target. I am a notorious procrastinator.

Yeah, I meant that as a general "you", not you personally. My to-do list today included wasting time on the computer, so I can legitimately say that I accomplished something on my list today!

prterrell Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 5:01am
post #24 of 24

LOL! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%