How Long Do I Bake Mini Cookies For?

Baking By Mickeebabe Updated 12 Mar 2010 , 8:10pm by Mickeebabe

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 12:55am
post #1 of 10

I want to make some small mini cookies but I have no idea at how long I need to bake them for. Is it the same time as with the 3" and 4" cookies? Or should it be a shorter time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. icon_smile.gif

Kimberly icon_razz.gif

9 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 1:42am
post #2 of 10

Well, you bake until done. Seriously, we don't know if you're baking in conventional or convection oven. We don't know the temp you prefer. We don't know if your oven bakes true to temp. Only you can determine how long to bake your cookies.

emilyc262 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilyc262 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:11am
post #3 of 10

I made some at Xmas and if I remember correctly my baking time was 2-3 minutes less than regular. I just did the usual and took them out when the edge started to brown.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:39am
post #4 of 10

I usually just bake till they are brown around the edges. I leave the light on in the oven so i can watch the cookies while i'm rolling out more.

JustDlishCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustDlishCookie Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 1:20pm
post #5 of 10

I usually bake my mini cookies at 350 for 6 min. while my 2.5" cookies take 8, and the 3" cookies are in for 9 minutes.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 1:42pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bake6

I usually just bake till they are brown around the edges. I leave the light on in the oven so i can watch the cookies while i'm rolling out more.

Ditto

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 1:56pm
post #7 of 10

everytime I bake a set of cookies (since the time varies depending on size and even shape) I put in one batch and baby sit them and figure out how long they took, then I set the timer for 1 min. less than that for the next batch and see how they are...........you'll figure out how long they should be in there soon enough! lol

the most important thing is to make sure they're all even in size so they all cook at the same speed.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:17pm
post #8 of 10

agree with leah. "bake until done". I haven't used a timer for years.

The only thing I ever use my kitchen timer for is when I give my granddaughter a 5 minute time out. When gramma's buzzer goes off, then she can get up and go play.

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:23pm
post #9 of 10

I would do like KHalstead said. I'd just do a batch and watch them to figure out how long they need. My oven is horrible and my NFSC's took 18 minutes the other day to get done, and those weren't even starting to brown on the edges. They could have gone 20 minutes safely.

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 8:10pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks everyone. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%