Recipes Amounts

Decorating By duddy66 Updated 12 Mar 2010 , 7:06am by sillywabbitz

duddy66 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 4

It would be very helpful when these great people post their recipes, especially for fillings and buttercream icing, to list approximately how much a "batch" will make. When you have a large cake you obviously need more than with a smaller cake. I find myself wondering if I make this recipe will it be enough to cover may cake or should I just double it to be on the safe side. Since I do this more as a hobby I usually double it and find myself eventually throwing it away because it was just too much, so it would be very helpful to advise approximately how much a recipe will make. Thank you to all who list their information as it really valuable, mine is just a suggestion. icon_smile.gif

3 replies
sillywabbitz Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 5:39am
post #2 of 4

I wish they would also include whether or not it has to be refridgeratedicon_smile.gif

2txmedics Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 6:03am
post #3 of 4

Im also watching this post, Im curious also....being new, I tend to get lost...afraid of not making enough, or over making and too much left.

sillywabbitz Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 7:06am
post #4 of 4

Since we're starting a thread on it...I will post what I do know...

Setting ganache with a 2:1 choc to cream ratio, 16oz of choc with 8 oz cream made about 3 1/2 cups of ganache.

I have also started a spreadsheet on which pans can be filled with a WASC recipe. This is the WASC recipe using 2 cakes mixes.

1 batch will fill:
Two 9 inch sqare pans (2inches deep)
or
Two 6 inch rounds and three 6 inch square
or
Two 8 inch rounds and one three inch square

I'm trying to keep a running list so if anyone is tracking similar information, please feel free to pass it along and I'll try and keep the list updated and then post to the forum.

1/2 batch of sugar shack BC (that's using only 2 lbs of sugar) will cover and fill an 8 inch round, 2 layer cake but just barely

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%