Fairy Tale Cakes/debbie Brown Anyone Have?

Decorating By Peridot Updated 14 Mar 2010 , 6:01am by cheatize

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 6

I am seriously thinking about making one of those pumpkin - carriage - Cinderella carriage cakes. There are quite a few of them out there on CC.

This cake is on the cover of the book by Debbie Brown, titled Fairy Tale Cakes. Does anyone have this book and does it actually show how to do this cake in detail. Or is it one of those books where they show the "bare" cake and the next photo shows it completed.

I don't want to buy the book and then it doesn't have what I want in it and $39.99 is a bit of money for instructions for one cake.

I would appreciate any and all opinions on this book. And has anyone made this cake - would also appreciate tips on dos and don'ts.

Thanks for you help.

5 replies
cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 6

I have a couple of her other books and while they aren't super step by step they do at least show a majority of the steps, definitely enough to do them yourself. HTH

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 6

I have that book and it has a lot of detail, more than some of her other books.

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 10:18pm
post #4 of 6

Have you tried your library? If they don't have it - they can do a library loan and get it from another library. I've done that several times.

Makeitmemorable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Makeitmemorable Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 11:56am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot

I am seriously thinking about making one of those pumpkin - carriage - Cinderella carriage cakes. There are quite a few of them out there on CC.

This cake is on the cover of the book by Debbie Brown, titled Fairy Tale Cakes. Does anyone have this book and does it actually show how to do this cake in detail. Or is it one of those books where they show the "bare" cake and the next photo shows it completed.

Thanks for you help.

I have the book, if you PM me your email address I will scan the pages on the carriage instructions and send them to you. If you like that one, then you will enjoy the rest and you can purchase the book. Let me know, happy to send it to you.
Kim thumbs_up.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 6:01am
post #6 of 6

For what it's worth, I just borrowed 15 cake books from the library. The only one I would purchase is the one by Debbie Brown. It's not the book you are asking about, but it has quite a few cakes in it and shows plenty of steps on how to make it. It's a book that I would use again and again, unlike the rest of the ones I borrowed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%