Lettering For Holy Bible

Decorating By sherylshirley Updated 15 Mar 2010 , 6:34pm by sherylshirley

sherylshirley Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 8

I found letter stencils that matched the lettering on my bible, so I used dusts with alchol to paint and it leaked and smudged and never gave me the crisp outlining I was wanting. I read that a CC'er used silk screening, but I have no idea how to do that and when I checked in to it, it looked like a lot of money to invest in.
Any suggestions out there?

7 replies
KHalstead Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 6:49pm
post #2 of 8

try stenciling it with royal icing tinted dk. yellow and then once it's dry...paint it with the alcohol and gold dust!

MG Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 12:16pm
post #3 of 8

I used stencils and luster dust on mine but instead of mixing it with alcohol, I used it dry. They sell little pounders that are very inexpensive at the craft store for this purpose. I didn't have any leaks or smudging. I made a few books in my pics using this technique, if you want to take a look.

suzied Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 12:44pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG

I used stencils and luster dust on mine but instead of mixing it with alcohol, I used it dry. They sell little pounders that are very inexpensive at the craft store for this purpose. I didn't have any leaks or smudging. I made a few books in my pics using this technique, if you want to take a look.

Is this lustre dust that you purchased at the craft store "edible"

MG Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:11pm
post #5 of 8

I bought the little pounders to apply the luster dust at the craft store. They're sold where the stencils are. The luster dust was purchased on-line and yes, it is edible.. If you don't have luster dust, try Global Sugar Art. If I'm not mistaken, the gold I used was called highlighter dust. It gives more of a shinier gold finish.

sherylshirley Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 8:50pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you for all the suggestions. One more question...what is a little pounder?

sherylshirley Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 6:34pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you MG. I am going to Michaels this week to get on of these.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%