Chocolate Cake Recipe

Baking By CaKKes Updated 12 Mar 2010 , 11:11pm by JGMB

CaKKes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CaKKes Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 5

I have been baking cakes for three years for my family members. I have always used box mix from the grocery store and never dared tried extending a cake box recipe or even a scratch. I now want to start jumping into making my own cake mix since smeone has hired me to do a baby shower cake. Does anyone have a chocolate cake recipe? I have looked through the recipe section but there are so many and for a fist timer I eally don't know what would be od to use. My customer wants a rasberry mousse filling so I need a good chocolate cake recipe that would go with a rasberry mousse filling. Thanks so much for dealing with a newbe like myself!!

4 replies
MyDiwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyDiwa Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 3:22am
post #2 of 5

Here's mine:

Chocolate WASC

Enough for one 9 inch round

1 box dark chocolate fudge cake mix
1 box chocolate fudge instant pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup oil
1 cup of sour cream

mix all ingredients together on low for about 1 minute. Stop and scrape the bowl, then mix on medium speed for 2 more minutes.
Bake at 350

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:58pm
post #3 of 5

Try the double chocolate layer cake from epicurious.com i LOVE it!

Ronbob1984 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ronbob1984 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 3:14pm
post #4 of 5

I love the Martha Stewart recipe, here is the link

www.marthastewart.com/recipe/ultimate-chocolate-cake?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/chocolate-cake-recipes#slide_11.
To die for!!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 11:11pm
post #5 of 5

This is the one I always use -- it's delicious!!

Devils Food Cake

2 cups flour
1 ½ cups Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate and Cocoa
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. cream of tartar
½ tsp. salt
1 ½ cups buttermilk
1 cup butter, softened
4 eggs
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 8 or 9 round pans. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, ground chocolate, sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Add 1 cup of the buttermilk and the butter. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ½ cup of buttermilk, the eggs and the vanilla. Divide the batter evenly between the 2 pans. Bake 30 to 45 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%