Designs With Initials On A Cake

Decorating By MissCakeCrazy Updated 11 Mar 2010 , 10:26pm by MissCakeCrazy

MissCakeCrazy Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 3

I am going to be making a wedding cake next week and the bride wants me to put their initials on each tier. After experimenting I decided to use ivory tubby alphabet gumpaste cut outs on an oval shaped plain ivory fondant plaque. I will then decorate the border of the plaque with royal icing pearls and spray or paint with lustre dust / spray. No matter how much I think about this design I am worried that it will look cheap / tacky. Does anyone have any pictures of examples of cakes with initials to inspire me? I opted out of purchasing a mongogram script stencil (which would look great but I thought it too expensive as I would not use it many times.) I am trying to make it look as professional as possible but its my first wedding cake and I am really worried that iw would look amature.

2 replies
MissCakeCrazy Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 10:26pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for your reply. The 1st link is the idea I had in mind. The last link is also a very good idea, I didn't think there was edible monograms sold. I think it would be too late for me to order them anyway.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%