Bettercream Vs Buttercream Help!

Decorating By blessedist Updated 11 Mar 2010 , 5:34pm by sandy1

blessedist Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 4

Good morning everyone!

I wanted to know the difference in Rich's Better vs But-r cream icing? I know this was discussed a long time ago, but I can't find it on here. Which one crusts? I can't remember.....

Also, will 5lbs of icing fill and cover all 6,8,10,12" squares?

Thanks in advance!

3 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 4:30pm
post #2 of 4

Bettercream is like whipped cream. It does not crust. But-R-creme is the traditional frosting. It does crust.

Couldn't tell you though how much it would fill and cover. You could always get two 5 gal buckets of it and then if you don't open one of them, just return it. Sam's will take it back (I'm assuming you're getting this from Sam's Club, perhaps Walmart has the same return policy). If it was opened then they will have to throw it away, but if it's unopened they can still use it.

Besides, even if you do have to open the second and only use a bit out of it, that stuff has so many preservatives in it it'll last for months.

KHalstead Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 4

5 lbs of but-r-creme is about 20 cups of icing. I weigh my icing and I use bet-r-creme from sam's and it weighs approx. 4 oz. per cup!

sandy1 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 4

I've put my extra But-R-Creme icing (Sam's Club) in the freezer. This works out well for me because I buy the large bucket. All you need to do is bring it back to room temperature. If you want it a bit stiffer just add cs.

The Bettercreme is a whipped icing. I buy it at Sam's in the bucket. I like using it as a filling with fruit mix in. I just place the extra in freezer containers and freeze it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%