http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-forum-userprofile-16914.html

emilyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilyg Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklyn_Babie

How would I do that?

Hi Bklyn Babie,

SugarVeil sticks to everything - fondant, gumpaste, a silicone mat (you need to grease silicone mats with Crisco when spreading SugarVeil onto them) - SugarVeil even sticks to you (ha - actually this is true; I attached lace pieces directly onto a model to accompany a SugarVeil wedding gown). Strange but true photos of this are here: http://www.sugarveil.com/gallery/sugarveilbride/sugarveil_bride.htm

Anyway, if your fondant happens to be dry, just use the slightest amount of moisture on your fingertip to attach the SugarVeil decoration to the fondant. Please let us know if we can be of help with any other questions you might have. You can email us at [email protected].

Thank you,
Michele at SugarVeil

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 17 May 2012 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 6

So it doesn't matter if the lace mat has dried overnight? I can still place it on top of fondant (freshly run through the pasta machine) and it will stick without using water or Crisco?

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 18 May 2012 , 10:45am
post #5 of 6

Will Sugarveil melt on Swiss Meringue Butter cream? Do you need to use Crisco on waxpaper if you are copying a pattern?

emilyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilyg Posted 29 May 2012 , 2:15pm
post #6 of 6

Bobwonder, SugarVeil will stick fine as is to fresh fondant. If you have a dry surface, or if the SugarVeil decoration is dry, just add the slightest bit of moisture via your fingertip to have SugarVeil stick to any surface. If your lace is set and you don't wish to remove it right away from the mat, you can simply turn the mat face down onto a parchment covered countertop until the next day.

SugarVeil does not melt on Swiss Meringue Buttercream, Sweettreat, and yes, grease with Crisco rather than spray oil. You can trace designs on greased parchment paper, wax paper (it's a bit thin, but O.K. for smaller projects), or clear cellophane, greased.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%