Kathy Scott - Sweet Expression - Where To Buy?

Decorating By Loucinda Updated 17 Mar 2010 , 11:54am by Loucinda

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 19

I wanted to get one of her gem molds, and I cannot find them anywhere. (not on ebay or her site right now) I have emailed her but not heard anything back yet.

If anyone has it, can you tell me where you were able to find them? Thank you!

18 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 12:34pm
post #2 of 19

have you tried global they have some sweet expression stuff don't know if they have what you are looking for but it might be worth a shot to take a look.

Auntie_RaRa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auntie_RaRa Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 1:00pm
post #3 of 19

I spoke with Kathy about a couple of weeks ago because I wanted to purchase some items. She indicated that she will be putting items back on ebay. She took things off awhile because of her traveling/teaching and keeping the storefront was a bit much. I didn't realize how expensive it can be with putting items on ebay. Anyway, Kathy mentioned how the ICES mid-year meeting was coming up and she is heavily involved with it. She told me that she has some new molds and will be sending an email to her customers when she has the site up and running. HTH

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 19

Fancy flours dot com has some jewel molds, don't know if it's what your looking for, but they do have some.

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 12:08pm
post #5 of 19

I bought some last year at the ICES convention from Country Kitchen. I liked them because you can pour hot sugar or isolmalt in them and they won't melt or distort.

Loucinda Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 12:32pm
post #6 of 19

Thanks everyone - I appreciate the ideas.

Veronica - your gems is what made me want to get those molds - can you tell me if they are a hard mold or if they are like a silicone one? I have bought things from Kathy, but we were at convention - so I don't think I am on her mailing list. If you could let me know when you see they are available, I would appreciate it!! (and again, your gems were gorgeous!!) I still have not heard back from them via the email I sent. icon_sad.gif

Auntie_RaRa Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 1:17pm
post #7 of 19

Thanks Cindy! I'll post pics later today of the molds I used for the gems. I just wish they had more cavitities.

Loucinda Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 3:46pm
post #8 of 19

That would be great - thank you!! I have never seen gems as perfect as the ones you shared that you made. Crystal clear - just beautiful!

CakeandDazzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 11:24pm
post #9 of 19

can you post pics of your diamonds & molds??? Please??? im looking to make some diamonds and cant find a mold that looks right!

lisamenz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisamenz Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 11:39pm
post #10 of 19

I don't know if this applies to what some of you guys want, besides the molds, but Beryl's online website, carries the edible diamonds. I have some they are really neat. I love working with isomalt and doing the gems, I have Kathy Scott molds from her classes and also Gelerdine Ransome from Creative Cutters has some that are really nice and sturdy and detailed. Hope this helps thumbs_up.gif

Auntie_RaRa Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 12:09am
post #11 of 19

No problem about posting pictures of molds and the gems I made. I saw several companies that sold the gems, but I trying to learn some new techniques and this has peaked my interest.

I will post molds first and then the gems.

I hope this helps someone.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

sudie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sudie1 Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 12:39am
post #12 of 19

I''ve been trying to locate Kathy's petit four molds. Does anyone know another source to purchase these now?

Loucinda Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:09am
post #13 of 19

Thanks Veronica - the gems that you showed us at the meeting, were they all made from the Kathy Scott ones?

Auntie_RaRa Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:30am
post #14 of 19

Hey Cindy,

No, I was testing the three different molds to see which one(s) I liked the best. For me, the clearest gems were from Kathy's mold. I liked the number of cavities in the CK molds, but the cavities weren't as deep as I would like them. And I liked the multiple shapes they offered. My least favorite was Geraldine molds. I had a hard time getting them out the molds and they were as clear as the Kathy or CK. HTH

cakemom42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom42 Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:30am
post #15 of 19

You are gonna love this... before these molds came out I had taken Dominic's class on making your own molds.. I came home & took the crystals off our chandelier & molded them!! I still have the molds 5/6 yrs later :0)

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:48am
post #16 of 19
CakeandDazzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 4:13am
post #17 of 19

Does anyone know where you can get a diamond mold with a point on it?? the gems are beautiful but i really want the point... i really like this thread especially since i have been shopping for these for about 8 months now!

Auntie_RaRa Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 10:41am
post #18 of 19

CakesandDazzle.....

Are you are looking for something like this... http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1613015

In all my research I've never seen a mold like that. From what I know about this stuff, it sounds like this is a custom mold. I do have those diamond gems in various sizes. I have seen them lately at Flower Factory, but a bride a few years ago gave me several of these in various sizes that she used for her wedding cake. She got them from http://www.save-on-crafts.com/lagldi.html They come in small, medium and large.

I have to see what type of coupons Michaels have this week and might pick up that amazing putty stuff and give this mold a try. Now, I see how my "must try" list keeps growing my leaps and bounds...lol

HTH

Loucinda Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 11:54am
post #19 of 19

I have heard that Dominic (makeyourownmolds.com) has been trying to get that big diamond to work in a mold and isn't having a lot of luck?? You may want to post down in his section and see what all he has tried?

Thank you for all the info on this - I appreciate it!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%