Fluro Bright Icing Colour

Decorating By Miffy Updated 29 Dec 2010 , 8:21am by WALKEAJ

Miffy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Miffy Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 7:51am
post #1 of 9

Hi,

Have to make my first topsy turvy cake next week and the client wants it to be in those vibrant, really bright colours....

I know the orange I have will be pretty bright, but not sure about the green, pink and yellow.

I hope this isn't a silly question??!!

Thanks
Emma

8 replies
CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 1:29pm
post #2 of 9

What's the question?

Miffy Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 9

Sorry. After reading it again, I didn't really ask a question.LOL
I was wondering how do you achieve the bright colours? Are there colours you buy or do you just add a heap of green etc. The colour I have at home just don't seem that bright.

bridge72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridge72 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 11:11pm
post #4 of 9

Use Americolor gel colors they have electric green, pink, blue, yellow, orange and purple....these colors rock and are very vibrant. Glad I found and used them won't go back to anything else. HTH icon_wink.gif

Miffy Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 11:45pm
post #5 of 9

Thank you sooooo much bridge72. After some quick research I found a place in Melbourne that sells Americolor! Even better my husband works just around the corner from them!! Yay. Thanks again you are a lifesaver icon_smile.gif

WALKEAJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WALKEAJ Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 7:41am
post #6 of 9

Hi Miffy,

Just wanted to find out where abouts in Melbourne you found that sells Americolor?

Cheers,
AJ

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 7:58am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by WALKEAJ

Hi Miffy,

Just wanted to find out where abouts in Melbourne you found that sells Americolor?

Cheers,
AJ

Cake Deco sells it. (Well at least I know they do sell the candy colours)

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 8:05am
post #8 of 9

If you can't get Americolor Electric Green, to get a really bright lime green, start by making a bright yellow using Wilton 'Lemon Yellow' and then start adding 'Leaf Green' - that combo makes a really great bright green.

Often I find I get a better bright orange by starting with a bright yellow base, then adding either orange or red red, or a combination.

WALKEAJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WALKEAJ Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 8:21am
post #9 of 9

Thanks guys, appreciate the advice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%