Help!!! 3D Cuddly Bear, Splitting

Decorating By sunset74 Updated 15 Mar 2010 , 5:41pm by sherrywarf

sunset74 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 7:38am
post #1 of 3

I have a 3d cuddly bear pan. I made the Dirable recipe on here that ays is for wedding cakes and 3d pans. The batter is super thick and appears to fill in details well. However here is my problem

The first cake I know split cause of the core, the second one I cooked for almost 2 hours to get a bamboo stick to come out ok. Then I leave it on its head for the 10 minute cool time like it says then openit and three big cracks. I think it may be beyond repair and I am just wanting a cry. If anyone could PLEASE help me. I don't want to make a third unless I know I won't have these problems. If someone could help I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

2 replies
LeckieAnne Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 5:46am
post #2 of 3

Well - I don't use the core - I just bake at 325 for longer and test it with a skewer to be sure it's done. I actually just used a box mix and didn't have trouble - but you might want to try the WASC recipe (search in recipes) - it should work ok.

Good luck.

sherrywarf Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 5:41pm
post #3 of 3

I agree with LeckieAnne. Every 3D cake I have attempted, I have used a regular boxed cake mix (mine DH) and added a 1/2 Cup flour and and extra egg. Then Follow the instructions for the pan. Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%