How To Carve And Make A Rubber Ducky Cake

Decorating By Sweetsbym Updated 11 Mar 2010 , 1:57pm by KHalstead

Sweetsbym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetsbym Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 6:21am
post #1 of 2

Hi ccers!
I was wondering if anyone here knows how to make a 3d rubber ducky cake? besides from using wiltons rubber duck pan? Im kinda nervous because my client just informed me that she wants a rubber ducky cake just now and the cake is due on saturday icon_cry.gif please help. thanks.

1 reply
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 1:57pm
post #2 of 2

How awesome, I have to make one in a few weeks!!

Here is what I was planning to do.....mine is to be about 12" long and maybe 8 or 9" tall per the customer's request.

I don't have any oval pans (but if you do that would be a good start for the base of the duck) I'm using round pans, I'm going to start with a couple layers of 12" rounds and then maybe stick a 6" round near the tail end (so I can carve the tail coming up a little) and then I plan to use probably 5" rounds (2 or 3, won't know until I start doing it) for the head section.

I plan to cover in yellow fondant and then add the orange mouth/bill separately (I'm going to make it ahead of time with gumpaste and insert several long toothpicks, so once it's hard I can just stick it into the head of the duck!)

HTH get you started

Tina

here is a video, the end result is not all that perfect...but it might give you an idea of where to start?

http://www.tubeoli.com/video/XvLbDrC2I0g/How-to-make-a-rubber-ducky-cake-Birthday-cake-decorating-ideas.html

I don't know, I can't get the video to work anyhow!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%